Secrets of Grindea Speedrunning General VODs and Streams

Adviceowl

Green Slime
Thought Id make a thread where people can post their Speedrunning VODs of this game and their streams if they want too. I just finished a speedrun to the last boss of the content thus far (Enraged Toy Machine).

http://www.twitch.tv/adviceowl/c/5570339 - Time: 24:19

I got really good RNG on drops like REALLY good, only bad thing in the run was the fight against The Sentry where he got shielded but otherwise a pretty solid run for a 2nd try.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
That was a really solid run. :3 Wish I could stream too so I could show off my own skills. :D

Fred

Developer
Staff member
Really sweet run dude! I want to see a new one with the Hydra as the final boss!

As the massive speedrun-fan that I am, I have a question. How optimal do you think your skill/talent distribution is? Have you spent time trying to figure out which skills and talent combos give you optimal mobility and damage output or are you just going with what you are comfortable with?

I have no clue myself, I'm just curious. Secretly I'm hoping there are better damage setups then having Shadow Clone as your main skill, would be cool to see perfect guarding utilized more in a run ;D

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't think there is a better skill combo right now unless we get some really OP support skills and some talents that can boost magic past the spam attack for as long as you want. It's really hard to outclass the Shadow Clone combined with Backhander, Burning Weapon, Insult to Injury and Crippling Blast. The Piercing Dash not only helps you to move faster but it is also nice against the Hydra to dodge attacks with while on the ice.

I also just noticed that you don't pick up the damage potions in your run. You should look into doing so. If you bind it to a key you wouldn't even have to waste time in the menu.

Last edited:

Adviceowl

Green Slime
Really sweet run dude! I want to see a new one with the Hydra as the final boss!

As the massive speedrun-fan that I am, I have a question. How optimal do you think your skill/talent distribution is? Have you spent time trying to figure out which skills and talent combos give you optimal mobility and damage output or are you just going with what you are comfortable with?

I have no clue myself, I'm just curious. Secretly I'm hoping there are better damage setups then having Shadow Clone as your main skill, would be cool to see perfect guarding utilized more in a run ;D
Honestly the way you would make perfect guarding good in a speedrun if it gave you a stun state or a stagger on bosses when they do some specific attack. What I've messed around with talents what I can say is that Burning Weapon and Insult to Injury are way broken you kinda have to spec into Crippling Blast for it though. Honestly with the RNG involved you might aswell spec into Atk Dmg, Crit and Crit Damage and you'll pretty much do the same damage, ontop of it being better vs smaller monsters. As far as Shadowclones go, it's by far the best way to do damage. And the 2nd best thing is the Cloud. Honestly they are they make all the other skills look useless. Honestly most the other skills are really useless. The spells are too slow or do too little damage. Most of the One Hand moves are very useless in actual combat besides shadowclones and piercing Dash. Some of the two handed skills are useful though like Whirleslash and berserker style but they totally get beat out by the damage output on one handed so it's kinda mute.