Secrets of Grindea speedruns

JamesKT

Boar
I've had a more optimal run today. Probably the best run I'll ever get for this set of time. Compared to my best segments, I would be trying to shave 1 minute. Enjoy this 43:25 run! :D

ShadowM

Green Slime
I haven't done runs on 2-3 months and i feel i should start again.

When it comes to 100% i dont think that will happen unless we find an exploit or glitch to get the cards.

This is my old run

and its 49m but that is without that new content you have, i believe i beat this buy 4-5 minutes but i didn't get to record that one.
Edit: i noticed that since the video had been on private the real time of its upload isn't there, but this was back in august.

Last edited:

JamesKT

Boar
I don't even want to think about 100% of this game as it is... I don't think there are any glitches that the devs have found(EDIT:That haven't been removed already that are game breaking :p). I will say tho... There is this ONE trick I WAS going to implement long ago but it's been patched. I might as well share it for those who are curious. :p Shout outs to Brandon.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't even want to think about 100% of this game as it is... I don't think there are any glitches that the devs have found. I will say tho... There is this ONE trick I WAS going to implement long ago but it's been patched. I might as well share it for those who are curious. :p Shout outs to Brandon.
I think that got nerfed a little but you can still do it (not as quick as in the video tho). :p

JamesKT

Boar
You technically can but it consumes Energy before you can cancel it now. Not ideal in it's current state. ^.^;;;

ShadowM

Green Slime
I'm curious, in the Ancient Ruins room with the mirror puzzle have anyone here been able to open the chest with the key and activate the teleporter before the key animation starts?
I have tried several times and i have gotten passed the arrow button, but i haven't gotten to activate it yet so i'm just curious if we can use that to skip a few seconds or if we will break the game :p.

JamesKT

Boar
Actually I've found a consistent way to skip the key animation pick up. It's in my recent new PB of 42:36

ShadowM

Green Slime
If you use local multiplayer for yourself you will save all the time wasted in the menu so you can put skills and such during GUN-D4M's final phase and other places where we have to wait

JamesKT

Boar
If you use local multiplayer for yourself you will save all the time wasted in the menu so you can put skills and such during GUN-D4M's final phase and other places where we have to wait
I've thought about using Local Multiplayer for that but there's certain areas I just don't find it ideal to do such things in. I try to plan where I apply my level ups. If I think back to each one, I believe it's 6 places total I can think of. Before Vilya, Before Giga Slime(EDIT: Forgot this one; It was late), Phaseman(I can charge up Shadowclone before the door opnes), during the Toy Machine fight, before Hydra & before Winter.

Typically I'm using Piercing Dash to make sure I have momentum while going into the cutscene trigger(Or in Giga Slime's case, using a Bronze Charge Spirit Slash on the last Bloomo before applying points). I don't do this for Phaseman since I want to conserve EP to make sure I can potentially kill Phaseman on his first warp. And I obviously can't do this for Vilya since I want to make sure I have the damage to 1 cycle(Spin Phase) Giga Slime. I'll eventually experiment this on stream to see if I get improved times or not. If I do, I could potentially see a Pre-40 if new content doesn't come out by then. :p

Last edited:

JamesKT

Boar
After getting a new PB of 41:45, I can point out 3 flaws that happened. 2 of them were DEATHS. YEAH. DEATHS... Needless to say, I was annoyed. But time was Improved because of 2 things.

First, I picked up Piercing Dash on my FIRST level up break and not my third. This caused a gold split for Phaseman. Second, I'm playing on Multiplayer since Hydra triggers immediately after jumping off the platform when striking the Summer Sphere. I can also abuse one area of wait being the beginning Colosseum Gauntlet to move Piercing Dash from Y to LT+X(360 Controller :p). Not too much changes from Singleplayer to Multiplayer for time optimization than those things.

Let's go over the 3 flaws that happened in this run. I nailed a Crit on Giga Slime which triggered enough damage to spin after the FIRST Jump and not the Second one. Time was lost because of it since he's guaranteed to spin again. I died to a Bloomo after Vilya... >.>;;; Can't say I've had THAT happen in a Run. But what has happened in a run is that I died to Winter and lost a Minute... I got trapped SO badly it's not funny.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
What's purpose of talking to candy at 9:21? After the cutscene where you go back to the start of the pumpkin woods you can go straight to the bishop to get the next quest can't you?

JamesKT

Boar
What's purpose of talking to candy at 9:21? After the cutscene where you go back to the start of the pumpkin woods you can go straight to the bishop to get the next quest can't you?
Wait... wat. I'm so used to talking to her before going to the bishop that I haven't bothered to check otherwise. I'm going to be streaming some attempts today(In roughly 2-3 hours) so this will be something I'll be checking out during the pre-load run.

Ardeof

Rabby
Speedruns aren't worth the time at the moment, and the definition of Speedruns are quite large in range. There are various %'s of Speedruns, and considering the game is incomplete these runs are mostly "Just to test skills". If a skill/talent is added to improve movement speed, Speedruns will change drastically.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Any practice is good. It's not like the game's going to see a gigantic overhaul anytime soon and even so, adapting your stategy to fit with a new update gives you a great headstart on those speedrunners waiting for full release. I'm sure there will be a best time for each patch, and these times won't carry over through each update.

Wait... wat. I'm so used to talking to her before going to the bishop that I haven't bothered to check otherwise. I'm going to be streaming some attempts today(In roughly 2-3 hours) so this will be something I'll be checking out during the pre-load run.
The scarecrow in the north part of east Pumpkin woods also has an exclamation mark above his head, but speaking to either of them is completely unnecessary as you can go straight to the bishop :p Hope that saves you a couple seconds, though I'm sure there are much more factors that make that couple seconds negligible

JamesKT

Boar
The scarecrow in the north part of east Pumpkin woods also has an exclamation mark above his head, but speaking to either of them is completely unnecessary as you can go straight to the bishop :p Hope that saves you a couple seconds, though I'm sure there are much more factors that make that couple seconds negligible
Considering for the current patch I'm aiming for a Pre-40, any little thing helps. I honestly should've expected this to be the case. I guess I'm a tad used to the repetition of seeing Candy each time. :p Here's hoping I can break that in 10 minutes.

Last edited:

Own

From now on you should immediately teleport back to the start of the Flying Fortress as soon as you get Phaseman's power. Don't warp over or activate the second computer, it's not necessary. Only computers 1 and 3 need to be active to proceed.

Though, you can go 1 -> 3 -> 2 if you want to see a light ding in the middle of the blackness. It does nothing. :D

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think that if you have enough HP you can damage boost straight through the bullet hell-ish part just before the first key. It might be too risky though since after that you're facing the Sentry and sometimes they get a cheap shot on you. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm pretty sure they knock you back, at least in Hard mode. You can also perfect guard them, though they still break your shield.

JamesKT

Boar
I think that if you have enough HP you can damage boost straight through the bullet hell-ish part just before the first key. It might be too risky though since after that you're facing the Sentry and sometimes they get a cheap shot on you. :p
Those bullets iirc depending on your defense do roughly 75+(85+ without Brawler Armor) damage a pop. There's also to hit stun animation you suffer when getting hit. It's better to avoid the bullets as best as you can.

EDIT:
From now on you should immediately teleport back to the start of the Flying Fortress as soon as you get Phaseman's power. Don't warp over or activate the second computer, it's not necessary. Only computers 1 and 3 need to be active to proceed.

Though, you can go 1 -> 3 -> 2 if you want to see a light ding in the middle of the blackness. It does nothing. :D
WAIT THIS IS A THING? Oh, my. That'll get patched... xD Also I remember you bringing up buying Potions, I can definitely do that if I get specific rare drops. Brawler Armor can help influence this believe it or not since I'm selling the Carrot Sword for 350. Brawler Armor + Phaseman Helm works the best in this case letting me buy more than enough potions.

Last edited: