Secrets of Grindea speedruns

JamesKT

Boar
- In the speedrun you avoid attacking the body sections of the giant worms that poke up from the earth. Why? You can do the same dmg vs them as the tail and head.
Eh. The Blue Worm tends to pop up next to me 99% of the time if I'm striking the body while it's tunneling. Also it won't die if it's in the process of tunneling.

Own

During the battle for the ale bottle, you don't pop a damage potion to make the monkeys/echo faster.

During the gauntlet past 59:00, you don't pop damage potions to make clearing the room easier.

During the gauntlet around 52:00, you don't pop one.

I think, once you hit Tai Ming, you should get in the habit of popping a DMG pot whenever you're put in any encounter. You have 25, no need to be stingy with them. :)

JamesKT

Boar
I could do these things especially with 21+ of them, but I don't want to go through them without knowing what else could be released in the future. I'm kinda trying to future-proof things with the stingy potion use.

JamesKT

Boar
It might be too soon to post this(due to YT Processing) but... It's finally happened. 47:02 is beaten. ALL HAIL 45:50!

Own

Looks like in terms of the best drops, Pumpkin Helmet is the best by far. Guaranteed +20 atk per hit is immensely better than +chance of crits and defense, if you can avoid getting smashed.

Does that mean if you get Phase Helm on a run where you get the Pumpkin Helmet too, you should keep Pumpkin? Or switch to Phase Helm only in very hard battles?

JamesKT

Boar
From constant practice, it's better to actually keep the Pumpkin Helm. The Raw damage is too valuable to pass up. While Phase Helm gives more defense, RNG Damage from crits doesn't always guaranteed better DPS. Especially when your base Crit% is 1%.

Later in the run I do invest in Crit mostly because with what little damage I do. Raw Damage is going to overtake crit until larger numbers come into play.

xEleaa

Rabby
Well finally managed to beat that pesky 19:xx time. Overall pretty okish run I guess, I tried skipping all chests and I blame that for it working ;). May try without protect and use haste instead to compensate for if I don't get green robes.. but you usually find them anyways from a shop on 8-10.

I have no idea why it did not clip right but oh well xD

Final time was a 18:30 =)

Had to re highlight that run cut off just after hydras ;o #HighlightingFails

Any who heres a link instead lol

https://www.twitch.tv/xeleaa/v/107988436

Last edited: