Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Not my kinda music :/

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Made this about 9 months ago in GarageBand for iPod:
https://soundcloud.com/teenageedmartist/penultimate
Quite a few things I want to change with it, but I'll redo it someday once I figure out how to use Cubase, a more advanced system for computer. Manages to catch that overall theme anyway... I hope :D

What do people think? Turn off the game music and pop it on while you fight GUN-D4M from the memory room... and if you die at least try to time it with the 5:30 mark :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I really like the piano part. You should have popped that in somewhere in the middle as well. :D

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I tried that, but GarageBand is so limited I just couldn't get it to fit in properly, let alone transition it in and out... I'll try a more aggressive piano part when I do the redo, and instead have the (finger quotes) "player" win, ending on like a big explosion...

Sound good?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
As boss battle theme, your music reminds me of this (probably similar atmosphere or something, at least at the beginning):

The problem is that it's too long, repetitive and monotonic. It overuses two tunes.

Good example of long boss theme:

Hard to tell if I like your theme. It's not bad, but it's also not super epic, so I chose both Yeah and Meh in the poll.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
The problem is that it's too long, repetitive and monotonic. It overuses two tunes.
It's not bad, but it's also not super epic
I completely agree with you there. In terms of videogame music even more so as it tends to have a changing chord sequence, multiple tunes and usually a change of mood across the board. I intended it as something just for average listening to, so I went with a more regular pattern, but still then its only the two tunes (basically).
Another problem is the drums. Aside from them being limited in GarageBand anyway, I could've tried a little harder to get something a little less anticlimactic.

What would you rather? A more average listen-to tune or something that honestly fits with a game and deserves a boss battle of it's own?