SoG Discord Server for easy Coop

Yuuki

Boar
Let us face it, its still a pain in the a## to find people to play with in co-op.

In comes Discord. Discord is an Teamspeak/Skype alternative that is completly free to use and host. I created an server as an sort of hub for all people who want to match up with others.

The server offers serveral Talk and chatrooms you can join to play together, or even use it for lets play together livestreams/videos.

Its all up to you.

You can join the server here:
https://discord.gg/0OKNQ4xrrE0PRQQM

Yuuki

Boar
Well it Accept them up to 128x128px but it will scale them down to a more emote like size, as far as i know. If you want you can try out yourself. I dont see any reason as to the devs not joining and getting all rights avaible on it.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm new to Discord but I created my own server to do some testing! It seems really difficult to get pixel art displayed properly due to the mentioned scaling, and yeah, the portraits became a soup when scaled down :(

After some experimenting I managed to get some pixel art emotes that looked somewhat reasonable, but then I realized they will be scaled to a different size if used next to text, and it looked like soup again!

I don't think I've got the know how to get this working properly, sadly. I'm at my wits end after 40 minutes, and I should probably go back to getting some game-work done :p

I'll upload the closest to not shit sizes I came up with.

Odd thing I noticed: it seems the emoji rendering is adapted to vector graphics (seeing as all their own emojis are .svg), but for some reason vector graphic files aren't allowed to be uploaded?

Attachments

• Bag_l.png
    Bag_l.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Chicken_l.png
    Chicken_l.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Naniva_l.png
    Naniva_l.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 3

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It seems a lot of people are complaining about their custom emojis getting murdered by the scaling, so with some luck they'll fix it up a bit. It's a new feature after all!

Yuuki

Boar
It feels like IRC on a massive dose of steroids :D

I definitely like it, although I'm not usually much of a chat person (especially not when I'm working, as I try to eliminate all distractions)
irc meets Ts/skype. But it also has a more of IRC design option.