Some technical questons

Kheb

Green Slime
Hey People,

I've finally been able to create an account so I can ask you some questions I have been asking myself since the second I looked at the awesome possibilities of builds :D. (Actually most of them, I came up with 10, 12 and 15 writing this :p)

I've been playing a lot of Tower Defense games in my life, looking for abuse-able content in every game I play.

My build:

Level 21 (+20% dmg from pet)

Dash 5
Shadow Clone 10
Static Touch 5
Haste 5

Surgeon 5

Burning Weapon 3
Chilling Touch 3
Insult to Injury 3
Backhander 3
Second Wind 3

Crippling Blast 3

Most of my questions are regarding the technical issues of Shadow Clone in relation with the Talents and Skills Above.

By the way, I do not take the Brutality Talent (+5% Crit Damage*lvl) in account.

Question 1:
How individual are the attacks of Shadow Clone? Is the damage of the Shadow Clones scaled with the damage of the first hit or are they actually individual basic attacks scaled to the skill modifier? I can see that the hits of Shadow Clone can crit individually which would imply that they are, however without any technical evidence I cannot be sure. (This skill would be so imba if it scaled with the first hit xD. Take crit as example: Without Crit: 1+0,17+0,20=1,37, Damage with all hit critting would be: 1*2+0,17*2^2+0,20*2^2=3,48 in this case)

Question 2:
Does the stun proc from Static Touch trigger Insult to Injury?

Question 3:
Can Shadow Clone trigger the stun proc from Static Touch? If I am correct the attacks from Shadow Clone cannot trigger the ability Static Touch so I'd guess that it won't. Correct?

Question 3:
If my attacks do trigger any proc (Burning Weapon, Chilling Touch, Yeti, Static Touch?) is the debuff applied before damage or after damage? I am asking this due to triggering Insult to Injury on first hit.

Question 4:
If the first hit (my actual basic attack) causes any debuff proc (Burning Weapon, Chilling Touch, Yeti Card, Static Touch?) do the attacks from Shadow Clone trigger Insult to Injury?

Question 5:
Does Crippling Blast Talent enhance the stun proc of Static Touch?

Question 6:
Do the attacks from Shadow Clone (right after my first basic attack) trigger Backhander?

Question 7:
Can the attacks from Shadow Clone trigger Second Wind?

Question 8:
How do damage increasing buffs stack? Additive or exponential? Backhander+Insult to Injury+Crit=1+0,3+0,3+1=2,6 or Backhander*Insult to Injury*Crit=1,3*1,3*2=3,38. Or another alternative: (Backhander+Insult to Injury)*Crit=3,2?
(Shadow Clone would be so imba if it scaled with the first hit xD. Best scenario 1*3,38+0,17*3,38^2+0,20*3,38^2=7,61)
How do the talents Strength and Adaptable work regarding this?

Next questions are about optimization. (I play a lot of Super Smash Bros Melee :D)

Question 9:
On what frame does your basic attack actually trigger damage?

Question 10:
On what frame does your basic attack actually trigger Shadow Clone?

Question 11:
Is it possible to shield cancel your basic attacks so that it still triggers damage? (ideally even still trigger Shadow Clone).

Question 12:
Can you input more than 1 action on a frame? (Frame 1: Dash cancel->Attack->Perfect Guard->Attack, lol)

Question 13:
In how many frames do I have to trigger Backhander after a basic attack?

Question 14:
How does attack speed enhancement work in relation to the fps of this game? Let's say I attack every 10 frames. Increasing my attack speed by 5% would cause me to attack every 9.5 frames, however does this game round up, round down or does it not care and gives you 9 frames of attack and 50% of the time 10?

Leftover question 15:
How is Burning Weapon 100% scaled to your M.Att? I have 197 Magic Damage and it does 19 damage. (Typo/Does this imply that this games likes to scale down?). While Static Touch deals about 170-190 with 80%-110% scaling.

Leftover question 16:
How is damage done calculated? (How exactly does armor influence damage? Min-max damage?)

Is there a difference in source of damage calculation (Magic or Physical?)

If Maximum Energy is blocked (Shadow Clone, Cloud Strike etc.) do the values which trigger Talents like Mana Burn change?

These were the questions I had. Feel free to ask me about anything :).

Thanks!

Kheb.

Last edited:

HexZyle

Boar
I've been playing a lot of Tower Defense games in my life, looking for abuse-able content in every game I play.

3tf7zuVQgi5MabfyumW5P9j-sIk4Kd66oSGA-KiKLeNBCXlEtPNoSJ9O3PhWXk7FrLRVvME9uoPI9tIBGSfrKU6mc8lG4S-TZxQIFW7fM0rGLs_-PcBR7q_agZnwf_3MJUuNGTzmrzDOfVknG6XwJdz183OmxQRx7RX1aHLepvQnp7wt8nKZ-_pcrqq0Ie-z4DMZGOy_hCus-L2hhgFZNusa=w224-h261-nc

Jester laughs at your futile attempts to find one as broken as she is.

Last edited:

Kheb

Green Slime
Lolol, Dungeon Defender. I have played it quite some with a friend. Endless games is what I like the most xD. (without expansion) We tried to break that game too with Traps and Walls ^^.