(Spoilers ig) [Redacted Boss]

GilVallus

Green Slime
I've been hella inactive here, but I have been keeping track of the devblog and vilya's blog and wanted to throw in a third idea on how the final phase could go:

The idea of them being stationary and spewing enemies/items is nice, but I think the mimic should be technically vulnerable through the whole phase, but with a good bit of damage mitigation and damage on contact if you get too close.

However, so that it doesn't take 500 years to kill it, special enemies that prioritize staying near the mimic could be knocked back and explode on death, and if that explosion impacts the mimic it stops spewing and loses its mitigation and contact damage for a few seconds so that it can be burst down. After it recovers, it knocks the player away and the bullet hell resumes.

The explosive enemies guarding the mimic could be styled like cursed suits of armor, made unstable over time. Making them appear simultaneously with a kind of "cobbled together with magic" motif would help rationalize them exploding all at once if one hits the mimic, which would make actually attacking the thing less frustrating.

To imply the mimic is resorting to the more evil portions of its hoard, possessed swords spinning about and spellbooks spewing projectiles could be part of the barrage, while it still throws out bombs and fireballs. For fun, shockwave patterns could be produced from it spitting out small chests of treasure (or mimics) that explode immediately.

Own

I believe suggestions dealing with unreleased spoiler content goes in Vilya's blog discussion in General Discussions. :p There are some players who don't want to see upcoming content.