Steam Broadcasting Not Working

mr. nails

Rabby
I've read all over these forums and Steam forums about streaming and Let's Plays and what not so I know it's encouraged, but yet the Steam Broadcasting is still not enabled.

I can broadcast other games in my library so I know it's working, but when I try to do this game it does not.

This game doesn't register in "Recent Game Activity" on Steam either. I suppose beta is beta and a lot of things haven't been enabled yet. Soon?

Disregard if this is operator error.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Officially this game is not on steam.
Do you know family sharing? Where you can play games from other people? Also not possible.
So this will be possible once the game will be on the steam store.

But you could stream it oldschool to twitch.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I didn't even know that steam had a feature like that. I think your best bet is to use another program to record your game with. I think it is because the game is in beta that it's not showing up. I know that I can't share SoG with my brothers when I share my steam library, they can find pretty much all my games but not SoG.

Edit: Ops, double post. XD

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Thing is, that when you use your account on their PCs then you can install it, switch the account and they'll be able to see it, but then there is no "play" button but a "buy" one, which leads to nowhere, as this game is not on steam.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
The lack of some of the Steam-features is one of the biggest appeals of releasing it properly on Steam Early Access for us. Sometimes they come around and make it work for us outcasts as well, but not all the time!

Also, just having a proper Steam landing page is quite nice. :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the broadcasting will start working automatically when the game is properly released on Steam Early Access! Until then there's not much we can do :(

We're going to release on Early Access as soon as the next Stable update is ready, but as usual we don't want to set a date for it.

Basically what's needed for a Stable update is:

* Steam Networking (nearly done)
* Steam Achievements
* Proper ending for the Temple of Seasons (with the storyline halting after returning to Evergrind)
* Winterland must be more polished, with no fake dungeons and a few quests
* Gold charges implemented for the skills currently in game
* Bug fixes (so that it's actually Stable!)

mr. nails

Rabby
We're going to release on Early Access as soon as the next Stable update is ready, but as usual we don't want to set a date for it.

Basically what's needed for a Stable update is:

* Steam Networking (nearly done)
* Steam Achievements

Steam Networking? Excuse my ignorance. Does this mean Steamworks? As in I won't or they won't have to input an IP to play together? I know patch .599e is out and the patch notes state the same, but just clarifying here in one thread instead of multiples.

Also, Steam achievements... Will we have to play the whole game through again in single player mode in order to acquire the achievements or will the game be smart enough to know what we've already done? Just asking.

Keep up the great work. Game is coming along good. :)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Steam Networking? Excuse my ignorance. Does this mean Steamworks? As in I won't or they won't have to input an IP to play together? I know patch .599e is out and the patch notes state the same, but just clarifying here in one thread instead of multiples.

Also, Steam achievements... Will we have to play the whole game through again in single player mode in order to acquire the achievements or will the game be smart enough to know what we've already done? Just asking.

Keep up the great work. Game is coming along good. :)

Yeah, the networking portion of the Steamworks SDK, which by extension means people can connect and invite via friend list!

Don't worry, you won't have to play the game again to get the Steam Achievements! Unless you've deleted the character where you got the achievements, in which case they are lost in space and you'll have to get them back :(

mr. nails

Rabby
Great! Thanks for the clarification. It's extremely nice to see the implementation of Steam networking. Glad to hear about the achievements as well. Looking forward to a full release on Steam for broadcasting and so even more people can play this enjoyable game.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Just as a note, this is still not working for me :(
I'm pretty sure it won't work until the game is officially launched as a steam game. Right now it's hidden from the public since it's in beta but once it's released as an Early Access I think the game will "unlock" more features that steam has to offer. :D