[Suggestion] Design more special effects for cards

TsReaper

Boar
Instead of adding ATK, MATK, etc. to players, I think it'll be more interesting if we can design more special effects for cards. Like these.

Shroomie card: Expand the visible area in spore clouds.
Larvacid card: Take less damage when poisoned.
Toxic Tulip card: Players can stay longer in poison gas before getting poisoned.

Adding more special card effects can also avoid giving too much ATK/MATK etc. to players, which is not good for the game balance I suppose.

tkld178

Rabby
Well i think what cards give reflect what enemies do/are. For beginning enemies the cards were basic because what they came from was very basic. Cards from later enemies are generally more diverse but still take after the enemies. Out the 12 cards that increase stats 5 come in flying fortress and on and 2 after flying fortress. Other than the 2 health ones they are also rather unique in what they do compared to what level the enemy is.

I think your ideas seem nice but that is assuming that we end up seeing these effects later on. I'm not saying they can't come up later but for how rare and unique cards are it might be wasted on something that might be useful when in the current area and if we end up seeing them later. All the other cards have a lasting and viable effect. Even the least utilized blue slime card can have an effect throughout your game if you can chill things.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
The only problem I see with this is that you will not get the benefit from the cards all the time. I mean you're not always taking poision damage so the card would only be good in the area that you farm the card in (at least that's true in the current version of the game). Maybe there will be some interesting challenges in the arena for us to take advantage of the special effects of cards. Maybe there could even be some boss rush mode where you fight empowered versions of all the bosses back to back where the special cards could be extra helpful. :p

Own

I have to admit, the extremely niche card effects are my least favorite ones. Which is why the Seasonne enemies are especially boring - you're not required to kill any of them, none of them have any remarkable drops and their cards are somewhat underwhelming. Less damage from projectiles? More chill time, when bosses can't be chilled and enemies don't live long enough for it to matter? Eeeh...

Shroomie card: Expand the visible area in spore clouds.
Larvacid card: Take less damage when poisoned.
Toxic Tulip card: Players can stay longer in poison gas before getting poisoned.

Personally, I'd prefer:

Shroomie: Blind Samurai. Whenever your vision is limited, gain +25% crit chance. (Synergy with Mushroom Shield)
alternatively
Shroomie: Bad Trip. Whenever you are under any debuff, gain +10% crit chance.

Larvacid: Corrosive Strike. All basic melee attacks have a 5% chance to Corrode an enemy, reducing their defense (or making them take 5% more damage from all melee-based attacks and skills.)

Toxic Tulip: Magical Miasma. Same as Corrosive Strike, but for magic skills.
alternatively
Toxic Tulip: Magical Miasma. Finishing an enemy off with a spell has a 5% chance to cause a temporary blue eruption of smoke around it. EP regen vastly increased while standing in this smoke.

Spinsect: 50% chance to resist flinching when taking damage, avoiding being knocked back or losing your skill charge.