[Text] Royal jelly?

res7less

Jumpkin
While the game and its contents are fictional, it still kept me wondering if royal jelly is something that can be indeed used as an ingredient for pastries. Common belief is that it's some kind of super-honey but after researching a bit I could not find whether or not its composition is similar to honey. It sure also does have a lot of sugar in it but simply assume that it can be used as an ingredient seems a bit far-fetched. Also according to Wikipedia:

"Royal jelly is collected and sold as a dietary supplement for humans, but the European Food Safety Authority has concluded that the current evidence does not support consuming royal jelly will give health benefits in humans. In the United States the Food and Drug Administration has taken legal action against companies that have used unfounded claims of health benefits to market royal jelly products."

I'm totally fine with directly translating the game's Royal Jelly description if it's confirmed that in that case accuracy of facts is not important and it's supposed to be based on common belief - I just meant it as something to think about after it came to my mind.

Edit: Furthermore I was able to find that it is being used in the cosmetics industry and in medicine. But nothing about cakes! :D

Last edited: