The Big MINOR VISUAL Bug Collection Thread

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
We've already got this bug covered here! :p If you didn't search the forums beforehand, it would be greatly appreciated if you could do so next time. If you want a quick way to search the forums, there is a section on that in this article here.

res7less

Jumpkin
Searched for "knocked up" and "frozen" and found nothing. Enemies, that are frozen (not chilled) and are then knocked up, get knocked out of the block of ice they're in. They should be either un-knock-up-able while frozen or their block of ice should be knocked up with them.

Ardeof

Rabby
Alright prepare your tinfoil hat. I don't know why, but there's a difference between translationbeta and frontline where one looks/feels more like 60fps than the other. I haven't tested back and forth from both enough to see if it's consistent, but it's a rather odd quirk i've had about the game so far.

Pharphis

Rabby
No time to read around, but I will just say that the horned cap (arcade mode unlock for 500 essences) has some hair-leakage issues :p

JamUsagi

Green Slime
ja3INT8.png

All items that an enemy can drop can be seen in that enemy's codex entry, even when you haven't discovered the item.

Mightyena

Green Slime
Not sure if this is intentional or not, but the Masque overlays hair covering the chracters face when in reality, since it's a mask, it would go under. Did some MS paint to show what I mean.
QaDkWme.png

Edit: Did some looking around with other masks and got some similar results with hair overlap. Once more, I'm not sure if this is intentional because sometimes the eyes are overlapped like in the case of Santa's Beard which leads me to believe it was meant to look like that. Regardless however, I'll leave them here.

Santa's Beard
EjPpiS7.png

Scream Mask
rU7mvRS.png

Ski Goggles
D0eSXFM.png

Gas Mask
f0mQR1N.png

Last edited:

Elswor

Rabby
Some recent, some old, minor visual errors as of patch 0.660a:

Lets start with Berserker Style-
When starting a gameplay session, attempting to buff Berserker Style before swinging your weapon will cause it to appear as though you are holding no weapon.
ee51c3b2d6.jpg

f2703b64da.jpg

Furthermore, if you swing a weapon and then change to a different weapon, even a different weapon style, attemtping to buff Berserker Style will retain the look of the first weapon you swung. Not of the weapon or style you switched to.

You can see here, I swing a Magic Mushroom.
2eb1b3f5da.jpg

1644179872.jpg

7d26682a50.jpg

However, you can clearly see that when I go to use Berserker Style, I still pull out the Magic Mushroom even though I am equipped with a Broadsword as a weapon and a Giant Icicle as a style.

Now, onto some minor visual errors with the recent update:

You can stand on this busted up shelf in Sizou's house in present-day Tai Ming, just looks out of place.
461b7d91b0.jpg

Character sprite and aura effects are masked behind the wall here that seperates the front and back of this building and this bookshelf, but not the outer wall.
7f7d9f492d.jpg

5f1f46cdb3.jpg

You can stand on this table with the lamp, but not the other one.
a824b4a9bc.jpg

48a5075db9.jpg

Finally, the Statue Mask appears to only take up the head slot, leaving you open to wear a facegear, however, upon equipping any facegear it removes the Statue Mask, and vice-versa if you re-equip the mask with facegear on.
94f0efc6a9.jpg

fccfc7b871.jpg

Whew that was quite the dump of minor visual errors.

res7less

Jumpkin
I was playing co-op and my host summoned his cloud before the encounter with the Priestess while I buffed myself with Static Touch. After the encounter began, I saw a duplicate of the cloud as well as my Static Touch cubes (they remained in place stationary, even after the encounter and even after we had already left the timeline and returned). While I saw the host's original cloud (which moved), the cubes that should be surrounding me were not visible and I saw only the duplicates. For the host apparently everything was normal.

visuals.PNG

There were also several issues, where the fans' locations were desynchronised and one apparently took damage by empty space. That mostly happened after the Priestess was stunned/interrupted by the effect of the Static Touch cubes.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
After the encounter began, I saw a duplicate of the cloud as well as my Static Touch cubes (they remained in place stationary, even after the encounter and even after we had already left the timeline and returned).

Sorry for the necro, but I'm investigating some of the issues with the boss and was interested in this!

When you say "after the encounter began", do you mean it happened sometime during the fight, or did it happen right after the cutscene?

res7less

Jumpkin
When you say "after the encounter began", do you mean it happened sometime during the fight, or did it happen right after the cutscene?
Hm, good question. It appeared at the start of the fight, so if the start of the fight is right after the cutscene, then it occured after the cutscene. What I remember for sure is that it didn't appear like a minute into the fight or something, but right at the start of it. What I don't remember though is if it already was there during the cutscene. Sorry for speaking in unintended riddles, but that's all I remember.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hm, good question. It appeared at the start of the fight, so if the start of the fight is right after the cutscene, then it occured after the cutscene. What I remember for sure is that it didn't appear like a minute into the fight or something, but right at the start of it. What I don't remember though is if it already was there during the cutscene. Sorry for speaking in unintended riddles, but that's all I remember.

Thanks to your riddles, I was able to pinpoint what was happening! It might be a cause for some of the reported desync issues as well (in combination with the stun thing).

The server sent the wrong ID to the client to use for the 2-3 fans rotating around the boss. If one of these IDs was already in use by a permanent spell, such as a summon, the game replaced the old spell!

res7less

Jumpkin
So the spell duplicates and the desync are somehow connected to one issue? Because I remember the duplicates appearing before the first fight (before the priestess could have been stunned by static touch). Or is it not the stun that caused the server to send wrong IDs? Also, why did I see two clouds, but one static touch (the fake one)?

Edit: And by "before the first fight" I mean after the first cutscene.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I was unclear! What I meant were that the spell duplicates and stun thing are two separate issues that can both cause desync in the fight. I suspect the stun is more disruptive, though (causing groups of fans to desync instead of just a single one).

When two spells share the same ID, magical things can happen! An instruction that means "destroy me" for one spell might be "instantiate me" for another. The cloud might've been cloned on your screen by something like that, while the static touch was just lost in space and time.

res7less

Jumpkin
Yes, I remember the fans going completely bananas after some stuns, so after a couple of tries I stopped using static touch and the fight went better. When I fought against her alone, it was a different build and no co-op, so there were no such problems there. Those things only happened in multiplayer. Anyhow, glad you were able to locate some of those matters! :)

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The angry eyebrow cosmetic item doesn't get rendered/shown when the player is in the "loading" screen.
Other Cosmetics seem to get rendered. (I don't have all and therefor only tested a small sample)
3.png 4.png

Oblivion

Green Slime
Pet naming glitch

In the pet naming menu, every key that I press types twice in the nametag.

For example, I want to name my pet "Bob".
It would show up as "BBoobb".

BBoobb is not very happy about his name.

Note: Backspacing also deletes both copies of the doubled letter.