The Big SPELLING & TEXT MISTAKES Thread

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Making a list so i don't have to post every little i see
Feel free to post your findings, but don't make a post for everything but edit you first post if you want to add something

- Ghosty Description --> "Ghosty" is white, not red as enemies should be
- Brawler Bots --> Brawler Bot is the name, but they're called BrawlerBots in the description. The space is missing.

--> The coloring of many enemy description should be looked at again as many are missing location or enemy coloring or have swapped coloring

Last edited:
8CDni.png

This is the desciption of Evergrind City. I believe "center piece" should be put together.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Nice initiative! Great way to catch some typos :)

- Halloweed --> Are called Halloweed everywhere but their name, where they're Helloweed

Are you sure that's not two different entries? Halloweed_Name should say "Halloweed", while Helloweed_Name should say "The Helloweed"! The Helloweed is the Pillar Mountains boss version.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Nice initiative! Great way to catch some typos :)

Are you sure that's not two different entries? Halloweed_Name should say "Halloweed", while Helloweed_Name should say "The Helloweed"! The Helloweed is the Pillar Mountains boss version.
You are indeed right, and are very creative with names XD

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
"A Ghosty will try to play games with anyone approaching, using its invisibility to quickly disappear and appear in a new place. Your best bet is trying to defeat it while it's visible!"

Is it even possible to attack them when they're invisible?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
What about Amalet in the GUN-D4M description? Yellow means Hint, why not Blue like Characters? Amalet has dialogue.
Amalet.JPG

Dulled

Rabby
Sorry for the double post, this is needed.

There seems to be a disparity in Fahmamera name. While in the Flying Temple dialogues (Ex.:Screen 02) it is spelled Fahmamera, in the NPC tab of the Misc translation tools it is spelled as Farmahmera.

Which one is the right one?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
That just goes to show that we should rename that character! Not even the dev team knows what his true name is :D

I really recommend using the reference system for Farmahmera's name, because it's very likely we'll change it since it's s hard to pronounce and remember. Until then, go with Farmahmera.

Yuuki

Boar
while no mistakes persay but i think you shold put in an refernece to a certain green clothed guy in one of the chicken quests ;)

after all who didnt try to hit the chicken in hope something happens xd

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Enemy name without capital letters
brawler bots.png
Misc > Items > BrawlerHelmetDescription

I think there were some others like this.

Edit:
Here's another one: (Misc > Spells > WindSliceC2)
level.png
level should be Level as in other descriptions.

Edit2,3:
Same in WhirlslashC2 and ProtectC2

Last edited:

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Dialogue>Halloween>Candy_GiveQuest_IngredientCollect01
"If you can bring me some Pumpkin Meat, Honey and Ectoplasm I'll make it worth your while!"
shouldn't there be some sort of punctuation between "Ectoplasm" and "I'll"

mawile

Green Slime
Dialogues->Pillar Mountains->DumUngen01->3: Jonathan is not collored.
Also I'm not sure, but shouldn't his little sister call him something like Johny?...

Dialogues->Pillar Mountains->StartCutscene01->1: Action button is not collored.

Dialogues->Pillar Mountains->StartCutscene0X/TalkWithDad0X: Dad could not deсide, whether Main Char or Local Char is his son/daughter. Should be Main Char in all his dialogs.

Sadly, I forgot to make a list of mistakes when I translated the misctexts.vtf (damn me!), but here's one I remember:

Misc->Items->IcicleName: "Icile", should be changed to "Icicle"

Dialogue->FlyingTemple->ItsFlying02
“Draw your sword, boy!”
There should be a conditional for boy/girl.

Dialogue->FlyingTemple->ScreenX
“Farmahmera” is sometimes colored blue for name, sometimes colored red for enemy. Red might be more fitting.

Dialogue->FlyingTemple->Screen10
“Aline” is missing coloring.

Dialogue->EvergrindCity->Emily01
“Take your time, son. […]”
There should be a conditional for boy/girl.

Edit 1: Some more mistakes!

Last edited:

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I went through 90% of Misc Texts and 20% of Dialogues. I tried to note most of mistakes I found. I noticed much 'inconsistency' in the texts, mostly in colors, which are a bit confusing. There are colors for names, enemies, items, they are used in some lines, but in some aren't and they probably should.

Places, where I found missing colors (maybe not all): (sorry for not exact locations)
Dialogues
Mayor_Step05
Plott_ClientQuest
StoneCarver_ClientQuest
Carpenter_ClientQuest
StoneCarver01
ReadingGirl01d
Bartender01
Oldman_GiveRedGigaSlimeQuest
PerksAndPrayers_ClientCheer
Quintus01
Quintus03
MemoryRoom_StatueClient
MemoryRoom_GigaSlime and other bosses
AlbertinaPreExam
PoorMom_ThanksGivingQuestCompleted
SantaFae_ReturnFromTemple06
SantaFae_Autumn_AfterTemple
Santa_TheGoblinGrinch_Complete

Mist texts
TheAncientTempleDescription
TheGoblinGrinchDescription
GhostHuntObjective01
CookingWitchCandyDescription
TheRedKingDescription
Ghosty_Description
LanternJack_Description
MrsBee_Description
Scarecrow_Description

Other 'inconsistency' was with capital letters in skill descriptions. Text 'Acquired at Level' some times is wrote 'Acquired at level' (with level being not capital). This happens only at silver charge text, they are:

Misc Texts - > Skills
EarthSpikeC2
FireballC2
IceNovaC2
PiercingDashC2

Similar case is with Talent Level.

And final 'inconsistency' is for charge time. In most skills its called Fast/Slow, but in EarthSpike it's Long instead of Slow. (<- this is fixed already I think)

Also, collector is sometimes written as "Collector" and sometimes as "collector". The second form appears in:
Bella_StartRingQuest
Remedi_Quest_PumpkinGet
Edward01
Santa_TheGoblinGrinch_Start

And some other mistakes:
Misc Texts
Items

SocksDescription - 'confortable', should be 'comfortable'
TurbanDescription - 'destinguished', should be 'distinguished'
NoticesAndTips
BagTips_TrackQuest - missing full stop (dot) at the end
Quests
ToolsForTheJobDescription - there is word alledgedly. Should be allegedly.
FaerlyBraveObjective01Short - "Find Mesido in" ???
DangerouslyFunObjective02 - Mrs. Santa is written in purple color, like she were a place
SeedyBusinessDescription - there's "bring it back", which sounds for me like "bring back stolen seed"

Spells
And bonus in HeroicSlamC2 - 'Aquired' instead of 'Acquired'
BowlingSmash/Windslash - they arent in game (Bowling Smash is named Smash)
FireballC3 - it says "adding additional", not sure if mistake
Items
WindbackTruffleDescription - "each and ever", should be "each and every"
PeckoHatDescription - there's "half breed", I think it should be half-breed
Menus
ZoneTip 05 and 06 - quick slot / quickslot inconsistency
ZoneTipPiracy 01 and 07 - same text

Dialogues
Roguelike

Oldman_GiveRedGigaSlimeQuest - probably 'collector ' should be wrote with capital
Oldman_GiveRedGigaSlimeQuest - 'flying temple' is without color and capital, but maybe it's intended
Winterland
Santa_TheGoblinGrinch_CompleteGather - word "nice" in "nice list" is missing capital letter. It's written "Nice list" in other dialogue. Also there is one ' ' quotation mark, while all others are " ".
SantaFae_ReturnFromTemple08 - there's a blue comma
Muffin_SplitTheBill_GiveCookieGather - there's a word "them" referring to friends even with 2 players
Santa_SplitTheBill_Start - "of you could just hurry", should be if at the beginning
SantaFae_FaerlyBrave_Winato_Complete - "put to rest", I think should be "put at rest"
EvergrindArena
FinishedPuz01 - there's a double exclamation (!!) for multiplayer text

And a very small cosmetic mistake. If it's British English, you should use ' ' quotation instead of " "
This appears in:
Misc Texts -> Roguelike
Haddock_GiveRedFishQuest
Nurse_MedicineNotEnoughMultiplayer
Nurse_MedicinePurchaseMultiplayer

I will edit this to include more I find (though I'm not checking if they are fixed)

Last edited: