The ever so annoying Arcade mode

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I'm trying to perfect my Arcade mode save file but I find it really hard to beat the Furious Giga Slime. My problem is that there is not enough space to fight him and the whole floor gets covered in goo that slows me down so that I can't evade his attacks. I can't bring him down to half health before everything is red and sticky. Is it just me or is this actually impossible? Anyone got some tips on how to beat this large piece of annoyance?

GarlicJelly

He is really easy he has a pattern. Let me give you a hint. I dont need to go kiting him.
:O Really? I'm lvl 6 when I reach him and there is not a chance that I can kill him that fast! On Story mode it's a completely different thing since I'm lvl 52 and can kill him in 19 sec. How do you manage to not have to kite him?

GarlicJelly

Are you perfect blocking his jump? Can you do that?! I guess I'm just a scrub.

Eriktion

Green Slime
Are you perfect blocking his jump? Can you do that?! I guess I'm just a scrub.

no i just block his spinning move...
most of the time he is dead before the whole room is slime covered

the perfect block knocks him back ... so he s stuck in one corner and there wont be much slime

Graylen

Green Slime
The floor slime actually disappears after a while, just hit him twice every time he lands, perfect block his spin, and you shouldn't have any problems at all.

GarlicJelly

I can't bring him down to the spinning move because it's triggered when he's lost a certain amount of his health. I know how to perfect block his spinning but I can't kill him in the small area he spawns in. If it was as big as the arena then no problemo since I've done that before without taking damage. But I guess Arcade mode is supposed to be ridiculously hard. :p

Mikoshiba

Green Slime
I really shouldnt say i dont kite him i kinda do but its the way you do it lol. I only use basic attacks when i fight him sometimes dodging strike if i feel like it for more dps.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
I'm pretty sure GoodStuff is talking about a different Giga Slime, namely the one you have to kill for Oldman in the Arcade Mode. That boss is so ridiculously hard it could probably be considered bugged. I'm going to nerf the duration of his slime in the next patch so it becomes viable to recycle space if you're effective in how you lead him through the battle. Hopefully that will make him a bit more realistic to beat! He's supposed to be the "final achievement", but right now it's too much.

Mikoshiba

Green Slime
I'm pretty sure GoodStuff is talking about a different Giga Slime, namely the one you have to kill for Oldman in the Arcade Mode. That boss is so ridiculously hard it could probably be considered bugged. I'm going to nerf the duration of his slime in the next patch so it becomes viable to recycle space if you're effective in how you lead him through the battle. Hopefully that will make him a bit more realistic to beat! He's supposed to be the "final achievement", but right now it's too much.

I indeed am talking about red giga slime theres a slight loop hole to the hopping :3