Thinking of doing some recording... What would people like to see?

Pick as many as you'd like... all of them if you want :P

• In-depth tips n' tricks let's play

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Skill builds for story mode and how to use them

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Arcade fails

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Helpful forum stuff

• Individual skill how-to's

• Farming strats

• Trick shots and combos

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm thinking of re-igniting my YouTube channel (or creating a new one), and was wondering what people would like to see? An in-depth let's play where I cover load of tips, tricks, hints and hidden secrets? Some amazing builds I've come to know and love along my way which can take you through the story as it is? Arcade mode fails? (That last one sounds like a montage job...) Anything else?

I could also sum up a bunch of helpful stuff on this forum into neat little videos for beginners (or anyone) to learn, maybe some how-to's with skills, some farming strats? Trick shots and epic combos? Pop a vote in the poll or give me a reply, I'd like to see what people want :D

You demand, I supply :p

Akira

Rabby
Sounds interesting. What do you mean by "Helpful forum stuff"? Picked every point except for this one by now.

Own

Hard mode.

No skills. No talents. No sidequests. No killing any monsters you can reasonably avoid doing so. No buying equipment.

See how far you can get. :) Maybe you'll get lucky and the Elite Jumpkin will drop it's hat and card.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Hard mode.

No skills. No talents. No sidequests. No killing any monsters you can reasonably avoid doing so. No buying equipment.
Sounds like a challenge... sure why not! with a good enough shield it shouldn't be too hard... right? And do you mean in one life, or until it's literally impossible to continue?

Own

Sounds like a challenge... sure why not! with a good enough shield it shouldn't be too hard... right? And do you mean in one life, or until it's literally impossible to continue?

Not one life. Try as much as you like. I guess that means you could technically grind on rooms you have to kill # enemies to get through, if you keep dying.

Also, I don't think it's ever literally impossible to continue. If it were, then Teddy couldn't reasonable expect anyone to get double S-Ranks on Season Temple in Arcade. I assume he believes it's possible to beat that boss without taking damage, at least.

Own

*shrugs* If you can without grinding for it / intentionally dying for it. :p Respawning barrels and barrel bashing would probably count as grinding.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
One question @Own... Have you tried this yourself? :p

I've been doing a tryout run and it's so difficult that I think a Barrel Shield is almost necessary, especially with Phaseman. I'm pretty sure just 1 of his projectiles will insta-break it, no matter what colour... so unless you intended this to be a rage thing... Not sure I'm gonna get very far >_<

Own

Nope, I just gave you a challenge I didn't think would be particularly easy. Something no one else had done, good video content.

I'm 99% it's feasible, it's probably just not easy. You probably wanna stay far away from Phaseman and bob between his shots, only hitting when it's 100% safe.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
One question @Own... Have you tried this yourself? :p

I've been doing a tryout run and it's so difficult that I think a Barrel Shield is almost necessary, especially with Phaseman. I'm pretty sure just 1 of his projectiles will insta-break it, no matter what colour... so unless you intended this to be a rage thing... Not sure I'm gonna get very far >_<
I've beaten Phaseman with the wooden shield on Hard with Flamethrower so it it's possible. I'm not sure how it's damage is compared to other spells but I'd think it has around the same damage as the others.

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

I'm not allowed to use any spells :p

A squire's sword (And maybe a carrot if it gets too hard) are my best bets
Uhh.. That might be a little bit too hard I feel. I mean Phaseman has some spots where you can stand to be safe from his bullet hell phases but it would take you ages to kill him and I don't know if anyone can avoid his attacks that well.

GarlicJelly

Uhh.. That might be a little bit too hard I feel. I mean Phaseman has some spots where you can stand to be safe from his bullet hell phases but it would take you ages to kill him and I don't know if anyone can avoid his attacks that well.
Actually... Let me try that now. :p

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I know all the sweet spots for dodging his attacks, but when you're level 5 and only have 145 or whatever health, which was the point I was up to, you only have room to take about 3-4 hits from his projectiles.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I nearly did it, but decided to call it quits after a while. Your shield breaks about 10 times during the fight though, which is a pain. The worst thing was, you can only take 4 hits. :/

It's basically just dodging like a rabby on sterioids until you've defeated him.
A rabby on steroids in a metal body that shoots out laser balls, yes.