Green Slime
This issue has been bothering me for a few days and I don't know how to fix it

Attachments

• GF7K3$`$1U$Y5`~]JNRV`TS.png
    GF7K3$`$1U$Y5`~]JNRV`TS.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 9

Yiolu

Green Slime
索引超出范围。必须为非负值并小于集合大小=Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection
参数名=Parameter name
Sorry, I don't know much about English, so I have to use translation software

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey!

You could try to reset the options and see if that helps! Open up the file explorer and go to the folder %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea. There, delete the Config.txt file. Next time you start the game, all settings should be restored!

This might help if the problem is caused by the game listing the translations wrong, for example.

If that doesn't work, try to verify the installed files: Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Installed Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Files

Yiolu

Green Slime
Open up the file explorer and go to the folder %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea. There, delete the Config.txt file.
It's strange that I can't find config.txt file

If that doesn't work, try to verify the installed files: Right click on game in library, select properties, go to Installed Files and then click Verify Integrity of Game Files
I've tried it many times and it didn't work

Attachments

• 屏幕截图 2024-03-01 185920.png
    屏幕截图 2024-03-01 185920.png
    58.6 KB · Views: 4

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, that is pretty strange! I wonder if it has something to do with the Arcade Mode save. Could you try to rename it (so the game will create a new one), and then start the game again? Do the same with the main.dtt. (By renaming them, you still get to keep them)

You probably have to disable Steam Cloud temporarily for this:

To disable Steam Cloud for the game, go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the General tab and make sure the Steam Cloud is turned off!

Yiolu

Green Slime
Yeah, that is pretty strange! I wonder if it has something to do with the Arcade Mode save. Could you try to rename it (so the game will create a new one), and then start the game again? Do the same with the main.dtt. (By renaming them, you still get to keep them)

You probably have to disable Steam Cloud temporarily for this:

To disable Steam Cloud for the game, go into your Steam Library, right click the game and choose Properties. Go to the General tab and make sure the Steam Cloud is turned off!
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!Can I play!!!!
I deleted this folder %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea.Then turn off Steam Cloud.Reopen the game.Now the game is up and running! Yeah!!!!!Finally able to go online with my friends!
Thank you very much for your help!

Nahalyd

Green Slime
Hello
For this error, I have tried without success to:
- disable the Steam Cloud for the game
- rename my old game save folder
For each fail, the game stayed marked as "launched", Steam failed in closing it. I had to kill Steam to reset the game status.

I had to fix my tree folder.
Code:
the game is targeting the wrong folder, according to the error log.
- It should be "%AppData%\Secrets of Grindea" but it crashed on a check for languages folder in "%UserProfile%\Documents\Secrets of Grindea".
- Moreover, the folder "Languages" isn't created by default when creating a new save folder.
Therefore, I have :
- copied my old save folder from the "%AppData%" one to the "%UserProfile%\Documents" one,
- added a "Languages" folder inside.

I'm gonna play a little and check where the game saves data.
EDIT: the game still writes in %AppData% even if it checks in %UserProfile%

Last edited: