Version 0.56h

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.56h

Summary:
You know how I said the Stable release wouldn't be updated for a while? Well, I lied! This patch contains mostly bug fixes that hopefully won't introduce new bugs. If it does, I'll rollback the stable version to 0.56g again. Some more promised bug fixes, that are less critical, will come in a patch later today or tomorrow (this patch will target Frontline though).

Additions
  • The server will now attempt to retrieve and display its external IP while in the lobby
Changes
  • The chat box is no longer offensive when someone tries to connect to a dead host
Bug Fixes
  • Changing style at the stylist while in 4 player co-op no longer crashes the server
  • Frosty Friend now remains knocked down if you phase shift or jump, allowing you to revive him
  • You should no longer run into unclearable rooms in Arcade Mode (with enemies missing)
  • Players now revive properly after defeating the boss of the first temple
  • Actions such as fishing and using phase plates as a client with gamepad no longer causes the server to think they're shielding
  • Smashing a Guardian that's firing its laser with the smash skill should no longer crash the game
  • Lag can no longer cause the host to miss getting the wooden sword in Startington
  • Berserker spell instances now gets destroyed properly upon disconnect (this prevents crash upon reconnect)
  • Butterflies from the Butterfly trinket no longer stay up after their owner disconnects (this prevents crash upon reconnect)
  • The alchemist has gotten an HP buff of 500 % to catch up with the changes to damage
  • You can no longer run behind the guard in the Arena waiting room

LawlMak3r

Green Slime
My Steam has started to crash every time I try to launch Secrets of Grindea[frontline]. Started to happen today after it was patched.
(Error message: "Steam bootstrapper has stopped responding" or something like that)

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
My Steam has started to crash every time I try to launch Secrets of Grindea[frontline]. Started to happen today after it was patched.
(Error message: "Steam bootstrapper has stopped responding" or something like that)

Have you tried re-installing the game? Sounds like an issue with one of the Steam DLLs possibly.

LawlMak3r

Green Slime
Have you tried re-installing the game? Sounds like an issue with one of the Steam DLLs possibly.
I managed to launch the game, but now it says that I am playing the stable version 0.56h. Have the frontline selected and everything. Weird. And now, every time I launch the game, it gives me the "New patch notes! Press tab to view!".
Should I try to re-install the game?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Since I had to patch and re-patch I just pointed both the Stable and Frontline releases to the same build! Next patch will be applied to the frontline and separate them again.

ark626

I love this new External IP feature :D
Makes things pretty much easier for players which dont use Private VPNs like Hamachi :D