Version 0.56i

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.56i

Summary:
Once again the releases are branched. This patch contains some more bug fixes, small balance changes, but most importantly (for me!) improved error reporting. For GoodStuff, the most important change is probably those to Arcade Mode's Furious Giga Slime! The duration of his slime has been reduced by 60 % while the power of the slow has been doubled.

Additions
  • Players will now receive a notification when a new player has left or joined the session
  • A random player name will appear in the Enter Name-box automatically when selecting Randomize in Arcade Mode
Changes
  • The window to activate the perfect stance bonus (gained by perfect guarding) has been increased to 1.5s from 0.5s
  • The duration of the Furious Giga Slime's trails have been shortened in Arcade Mode (not Story Mode)
  • The slow of the Furious Giga Slime's jump trails have been increased in Arcade Mode (not Story Mode)
  • The range of examine icons showing above stuff you can examine has been increased
  • Upon entering a new room, everything examinable will have its icon triggered for one second
  • Players now get a notice the first time they obtain a map, telling them they can view it from the journal
Bug Fixes
  • Enemies cloned through Reverend's cloning bet in Arcade Mode will now become elite if the source was elite
  • You now actually get the correct upgrade if you reach 30 000 000 total score in Arcade Mode
  • Gamepad users can now once again rotate portraits using RB / R1
  • The program now correctly flags the session as Local when exiting a multiplayer session, preventing crashes
  • When using Wind Slash as client, the arrows will now sync properly to the spell
  • The chat should no longer outrun how far you can scroll down, resulting in unreadable messages
  • The clouds in the right hub of Flying Fortress should no longer escape into other rooms

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I don't really see this as much help... He still fills the whole room with slime before anything despawns.... :( Unless you are pixel perfect at maping out the slime trail you are pretty much screwed. I'm gonna give it some time and see how others fare against this creature we call impossible.

ark626

I know how you feel :D He vaporised me yesterday at each try :)
I feel that a little less despawn time at the slime trail would be fine. or a increased battlespace.

GarlicJelly

I know how you feel :D He vaporised me yesterday at each try :)
I feel that a little less despawn time at the slime trail would be fine. or a increased battlespace.
When you say yesterday, is that before or after this patch?

GarlicJelly

Then I'm not the only one who thinks that Teddy forgot to add the change to the slime trail. :D

GarlicJelly

I have a screenshot from a fight against the new version. When the whole room is filled with slime trails the first ones start to disappear but there is nowhere to run since the whole room is covered for the first jump he does. I think a 80% reduction would have made my day. :D

ark626

XD another question, did you realized that the EXP gain from some monsters changed which makes it impossible to get over level 20?

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Teddy has beaten him a lot of times with an under leveled character while playing sloppily! It is definitely possible now, he just isn't very forgiving (which he shouldn't be, it's the last quest available in Arcade Mode right now)

Aurophobia

Halloweed
Teddy has beaten him a lot of times with an under leveled character while playing sloppily! It is definitely possible now, he just isn't very forgiving (which he shouldn't be, it's the last quest available in Arcade Mode right now)
I demand a video. (I don't deny that Teddy does it, but I just wanna see what the hell I'm doing wrong)

Also, I have beaten him in Story Mode, which isn't too hard without being hit. But I still fail to get S rank for time though. I mean beating him in Arcade Mode.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Haha, I wouldn't say I was playing that sloppy, but it was with a lvl 4 character (I believe you're usually level 6 at the end of floor 4?) with a wooden shield and an iron sword! So it's definitely doable, and I honestly don't think I'm the best player on this forum even.

I can fraps it if people really want to see it done, but I think you'll all just go "hey, damn it, I could've done that with a bit more practice"!

A hint is that it's all about controlling his movements to limit the slime trails. This is much more important than DPS now, so as long as you can kill off his minions you could keep the fight going forever!

Salazni

Green Slime
teddy, can you give any more tips besides your 2 items equipments? atleadt maybe your skills. i have problems with the red slimes trail with how slow it makes you go and his jump going so far...