Version 0.599c

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.599c

Summary: Time 4 Friendship guise! My apologies for rolling out this patch a few days late. Its main feature is not important to everyone, but very important to some, namely: multiplayer is now enabled in Temple of Seasons!

Multiplayer is a bitch to test, so unlike the other patches the risk for the game behaving badly is much greater (although not so great that it should be expected). Then again, that's what a beta is for, right?

There are now a couple of semi-placeholder cutscenes before and after the last temple boss, framing the fight a bit better. Especially the cutscene at the end will receive an overhaul before moving on with the story! Anyways... patch notes!

Additions
  • Added multiplayer support to the Temple of Seasons
Changes
  • Winter's Frozen Winds now only slow the players by 30 %, down from 60 %
  • Winter's winds from the side has been widened to accomodate a slightly changed map layout
  • Gifts and Presents now continuously spawn in the gift box battle room of the Toy Factory after beating the mini-dungeon
  • Anita, the mom of the poor family in Seasonne, is no longer wearing her Santa-costume
Bug Fixes
  • The Poor Thanksgiving quest in Seasonne can now be completed even if you have already collected the items upon receiving the quest
  • Made some pretty significant networking changes that hopefully haven't destroyed everything
  • The game no longer crashes if inspecting the last ingredient of a recipe and then moving to a recipe with fewer ingredients
  • Going into Santa Fae in multiplayer no longer crashes everyone
  • Book hungry Rabbys will no longer eat translated stylized texts when going in or out of full screen
  • Fixed the lack of ice reflections in a couple of temple rooms
  • Perfect guarding a hydra head at the edge of the playfield should no longer make it land in the water

Own

With multiplayer now working in the Temple of Seasons, can anyone confirm that it's possible to cheese the floating platform puzzle by having one person stand on the chest island, the other person hitting the orb and then switching to get it again?

Or does the season change in that room only work if all players are on the island with the orbs?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
With multiplayer now working in the Temple of Seasons, can anyone confirm that it's possible to cheese the floating platform puzzle by having one person stand on the chest island, the other person hitting the orb and then switching to get it again?

Or does the season change in that room only work if all players are on the island with the orbs?

Sadly, everyone must stand on the orb island to change season :(

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but could you release notes for whatever's planned for the next patch. I'm always curious, and because I don't read the dev blog often, stuff like the skill point rework was a big shock. I wasn't able to try to suggest skills, and that made me a sad panda.

But before I start to ramble on and on: planned features one update ahead in the patch note format pretty please.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Why the game only have one staff in the story mode. The mage is very pitiful.
There are more mage weapons planned to be added to Story mode. Right now Arcade mode has the Ruby Rod which is an upgrade from the Rod you can find in Story mode right now but it's not added yet. It is clear that the Season Temple added a lot more options for mages so we might be able to find the second Rod at the Blacksmith shortly after we finish the temple (when it gets added OFC). :p

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but could you release notes for whatever's planned for the next patch. I'm always curious, and because I don't read the dev blog often, stuff like the skill point rework was a big shock. I wasn't able to try to suggest skills, and that made me a sad panda.
Noooo :( don't be a sad panda. Actually you can still suggest talents and skills as they are not finished with that.
If you have an idea you can always post it.

Here you can post ideas for Talents
http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-ultimate-talent-suggestion-thread.1065/
And here you can post ideas for Skills
http://secretsofgrindea.com/forum/i...hts-on-additions-changes-to-skills.820/page-2

There are also threads for Weapon suggestions and so on.
You are never too late, to have a good idea.

Roemer

Green Slime
Several new bugs appeared in the new version, all during coop arcade mode:
  1. Slime on the ground (all, red, green, boss) is mostly not shown except for the host
  2. Roots casted are mostly not shown (except for the host)
  3. During fishing, a fishing icon is sometimes always shown and a 2nd one shown behind when a fish got catched
  4. After hosting a game, you cannot join another game without closing grindea first
Note about 1 and 2: The sprites are shown when they are casted but very quickly disapper. They make arcade coop currently almost unplayable :(

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Several new bugs appeared in the new version, all during coop arcade mode:
  1. Slime on the ground (all, red, green, boss) is mostly not shown except for the host
  2. Roots casted are mostly not shown (except for the host)
  3. During fishing, a fishing icon is sometimes always shown and a 2nd one shown behind when a fish got catched
  4. After hosting a game, you cannot join another game without closing grindea first
Note about 1 and 2: The sprites are shown when they are casted but very quickly disapper. They make arcade coop currently almost unplayable :(

That sounds troublesome indeed! Have both of you updated?

I can't seem to reproduce it even if I simulate heavy lag (mainly tested with elite green slimes and red slimes). :(

It could be some weird spell interaction. Do you remember what spells you had?

Crazyfighter

Green Slime
I found a bug in the new version.when i press Enter to input something the letter became this
If i input hello ,will become hheelllloo.

Roemer

Green Slime
That sounds troublesome indeed! Have both of you updated?

I can't seem to reproduce it even if I simulate heavy lag (mainly tested with elite green slimes and red slimes). :(

It could be some weird spell interaction. Do you remember what spells you had?

Following scenarios did we try:
Me: Host, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend
Friend1: Drop-In, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend OR Fireball OR Whirlwind/Protect

Friend1: Host, Fireball
Me: Drop-In, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend

Friend2: Drop-In, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend

Me and Friend1 definitely updated to the newest frontline beta. Not totally sure about Friend2, but the problem occured with only Friend1 and me as well.

The problems occured always only for the persons who where "drop-ins", for the host, it never happened.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Following scenarios did we try:
Me: Host, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend
Friend1: Drop-In, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend OR Fireball OR Whirlwind/Protect

Friend2: Drop-In, Insect Swarm/Cloud/Frosty Friend

Me and Friend1 definitely updated to the newest frontline beta. Not totally sure about Friend2, but the problem occured with only Friend1 and me as well.

The problems occured always only for the persons who where "drop-ins", for the host, it never happened.

Sorry for taking so long to reply! I got sick and couldn't do much of anything at the end of last week.

Thanks to the details you provided, I'm now 99 % sure that it's an interaction with the Insect Swarm that caused these bugs. What happened was basically that clients would create objects they weren't allowed to, overwriting other objects in the process (like slowing slime, roots, etc).

This is indeed a pretty significant bug, so I'm going to patch in a fix for it this evening!

Last edited: