Version 0.599h

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.599h

Summary: Steam Achievements! This isn't an extremely interesting update right now, considering our status as a pre-release game on Steam makes it impossible to view the real Steam achievement page. You can unlock the achievements, though, and will be able to see your most recently unlocked ones on the game page as usual.

The achievements should sync automatically when you enter either Arcade Mode or Story Mode! Note that they will sync to the current save, so if you for some reason have different achievements unlocked on two characters, you must go into the game with both of them to unlock them all on Steam.

For the game itself, we've added the standard achievements for Snowland and Temple of Seasons in Arcade Mode, as well as an achievement for beating Red Giga Slime there (Oldman's quest). That last one should be granted retroactively, while the others require you to reach their objectives again.

The biggest news for this patch is probably the massive swathe of bug fixes. Ironically, bug fixes is one of the main causes of bugs, so keep your eyes peeled!

Additions
  • New achievements have been added for Arcade Mode
  • All achievements now have Steam counterparts
  • A fishing achievement has been added to Seasonne
  • The double S achievements in Arcade Mode has gotten updated rewards
Changes
  • Boars now deal increased damage to enemies when they charge
  • Your latest customized Arcade Mode appearance will now be saved between sessions
  • Single-hit attacks hitting the Dodging Strike shadow can no longer hit the dodging player (Experimental change)
  • Crashes caused by graphics device losses now inform the user of how to fix the problem rather than asking them to send error reports
  • The time alotted for beating certain high HP enemies in Arcade Mode has been increased
Bug Fixes
  • Switching between tracked quests using TAB now works as it used to
  • You can no longer infinitely level talents through the quicklevel menu
  • Peckos should no longer get stuck in place after killing a player in certain situations
  • You can now invite friends through the big Invite button in the lobby even if drop in is set to 'No'
  • The Laser Sword is now visible when doing the Spirit Slash animation
  • The 'Upload to Steam' prompt no longer appears despite the new score not being an improvement
  • Talking to Bella from above when triggering her quest cutscene now turns her around correctly
  • Switching to and from Fullscreen no longer have weird interactions with the zoom level
  • Smash and Spirit Slash now properly checks collision layers before murdering enemies
  • Dodging Strike's shadow hitbox now inherits the player's collision layer, making it not bug out on higher ground
  • Frosty Friend will now teleport to its owner after a cutscene ends if their collision layers are different
  • Pumpking's spawned minions will now die along with him when he's defeated
  • The Winter's Guard shield now follow the same rules for slow immunity as the regular ice spells
  • Skipping a certain cutscene while holding up a certain amulet no longer softlocks the game
  • Enemies should no longer stand idly by while being bombarded by massive rocks from the sky
  • Team efforts are now highlighted more fairly on the Arcade Mode leaderboards
  • Equipping and unequipping MaxHP gear will no longer kill you slowly. For real this time!
  • You can no longer scam shopkeepers by selling an item and then using the autoequip feature to equip it
  • Clients can't just leave Mrs Claus' house willy nilly while she's still talking business with the host!
  • The Yetis have gone to actor school and can now play dead properly during cutscenes, even on clients!
  • Shielding hydra headbutts should now be a bit more consistent
  • Evergrind City and the Collectors HQ now have proper backgrounds for the in game menu
  • The Season Hydras should no longer bring unseen destruction to unsuspecting clients
  • The custom quickslot configuration in Arcade Mode runs should no longer reset if a slot was empty during a run
  • The Toy Machine no longer hand out secret bonus points to clients in Arcade Mode
  • The fish emote will no longer annoyingly flash briefly after catching a fish
  • You should no longer need superhuman tapping skills to avoid triggering the underlying quickslot when exiting menus
  • You can now use RB to track quests through the journal menu, as advertised by the tooltip!
Next Patch: For version 0.599i, which will probably be divided up into at least three parts, you're finally going to see what we've all been waiting for... gold charges and updated skills!

Last edited:

Own

You guys really outdid yourselves with this update! :D All the new items are amazingly fun and beautiful to look at. The Red Gigaslime hat looks particularly badass, as well as the transparency item. I mean, I'm not likely to use it in Arcade since I need to be able to see myself at all times, but I can have a bit of fun with it in Story Mode. :) I adore these 'toy' items.

Also, is that new pet supposed to be the hardest to catch? 'Cause I got it first try without any fails. So if you guys wanna add Poaching to Arcade anytime, I'd be particularly giddy for it. <3

Well done, all. I can't wait to get the funsy items from Flying Fortress, Winter and Season Temple. :)

A question, though - I see the Season Temple reward is a blue fairy. Is that a pet? Or is it a visual item? Can we palette swap the fairy by using it repeatedly between the seasons? It'll be cool either way, I mean.

Own

Another question - reaching the Temple of Seasons awards 25 essence, but successfully completing all the challenges there awards only 1. Is that a placeholder prize, or is the achievement unlock the real prize? :D

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
A question, though - I see the Season Temple reward is a blue fairy. Is that a pet? Or is it a visual item? Can we palette swap the fairy by using it repeatedly between the seasons? It'll be cool either way, I mean.

It's some kind of faux pet. It works just like Naniva or Mesido! No palette swap for now :<

(my dream is to have a bunch of those trinkets, letting you have a small army of annoying fairies)

Another question - reaching the Temple of Seasons awards 25 essence, but successfully completing all the challenges there awards only 1. Is that a placeholder prize, or is the achievement unlock the real prize? :D

Placeholder! At some point we'll rebuild Arcadia a bit for better expandability, and then the idea is to make every challenge-trophy come with some form of silly addition to the town. For example, maybe Pillar Mountains give you a beehive which you can hit to spawn friendly bees, and the Temple of Seasons could be a small pond with a random Hydra in it.

It doesn't have to be those exact things, but you get the gist of it!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Soo, I've hotfixed the pet related bugs now!

I've also added a couple of leaderboard related backend changes, which hopefully doesn't destroy anything.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Could I possibly get a rough idea of when the next major frontline patch is gonna be? A few weeks? A couple months? Half a year? I just want to make sure I can bash out a bunch of videos in a single version over my summer, so they're all consistent with one another. I'd hate having a bunch of things change halfway through the challenge Own set Me :/

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Could I possibly get a rough idea of when the next major frontline patch is gonna be?

Depends on what you would classify as major! The next patch, which will hit in a couple of weeks if nothing goes wrong, will feature prototype gold charges for all non-support skills. A few of them will get pretty significant changes as well.

If you're more wary of graphical changes, the patch after the next will change the look of a number of menus. So you should probably either wait for that patch (aka the Steam Early Access patch), or finish up the video in about 3 weeks!

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Agh, that's a bummer :/ everythings gonna change with these gold charges in regards to skill-builds, but then if I'm doing guides it'll be a good idea to get them out before the Steam release, so I can create a guide in which I show off loads of farming strats to promote my channel... It's a hard decision >_<

Thanks anyway

Own

If you're wanting to do guides that stand the test of time, you probably want to wait about a year or two. I figure SoG will be done by then. Given this is Early Access, everything is going to be different by the time we're done. :p

Oldman in the Hall of Memories can attest to what happens in the Early Access shuffle. Poor guy.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I don't want to do ones that stand up for ages, I just didn't want to start doing about 10 now and have them interrupted by an update where different skills and spots make them easier to farm. Most of them lead into one another: EG, need energy shield from flying fortress to fight frostling which drop frostling boots which are needed to farm season mages/knights. I'm just saving my self a little bit of effort for when I get going :p

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
If you're wanting to do guides that stand the test of time, you probably want to wait about a year or two. I figure SoG will be done by then. Given this is Early Access, everything is going to be different by the time we're done. :p

Oldman in the Hall of Memories can attest to what happens in the Early Access shuffle. Poor guy.
While it is a bunch of work that will probably go to waste to make guides for all the skills before the final release of the game you would still attract a bunch of new viewers if you have content that nobody else has. Some things will most likely not get changed too much between now and full release so all information recorded now will not be outdated. :p