Version 0.59a

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Patch 0.59a

Summary: This update allows you to turn in the Toy Factory quest and continue on with your journey, entering the Temple of Seasons! You can't go through the entire temple yet, but we upload this update so those interested can do what we have beta testers for: test stuff!

Roughly half the temple will be available in this patch, including most enemies and two out of three bosses.

Please note that many details are not implemented properly, including sound effects and the actual temple music!

Recommended levels: 12-14

Veterans! Please try out the new content with reasonably leveled and equipped characters! I have unlocked some of the more powerful chat commands, including "/setlevel X" where you can lower or raise your level however you like, and also "/equip" which will give you an assortment of equipment if you want to try something with more or less powerful gear.

Additions
  • A crafting section has been added to the in-game menu, enabling you to craft regardless of location
  • Crafting recipes can now be tracked like quests (done from the recipe list)
  • Fishing rooms will now occasionally appear in Arcade Mode even outside the fishing quest
  • Added story resume points in Seasonne and Santa Fae
  • Story continuation: you can now turn in the Toy Factory quest and play parts of Temple of Seasons
Changes
  • Crafting has been removed from shops
  • Several quests have had their rewards changed from just EXP into a Talent Orb
  • The Toy Blocks in the conveyor belt room in the Factory now disappears quicker after being destroyed
  • There are now more variants of the same Toy Block
  • While doing the no-healing quest in Arcade Mode, the nurse will no longer show up
  • Lots and lots of portraits have been updated
Bug Fixes
  • Double-binding a spell and then refunding it no longer lets you keep using the spell
  • Getting caught by the Halloweed boss as a client in Arcade Mode should no longer make the game unresponsive
  • You can no longer cancel a skill charge into a phase shift, causing extravagant glitches
  • The Brawler talent should now be working properly
  • Exiting and re-entering a fishing room in Arcade Mode no longer resets the room timer
  • You can now cancel Oldman's Arcade Mode quest without talking to him twice
  • When selling equipment, the preview window no longer lingers on the sold item
  • Unequipping a perk is now communicated properly between server and clients
  • Perks should now be initialized properly for when a client connects into Arcadia

Last edited:
Sweet! I've been waiting a long time for a new update! Time to continue! I may have to make a "secondary testing account" as I kind of want this character I have now to carry me through the game without any changes...

I'm actually planning to stream this right now, so if anyone wants to watch...

Edit: Thanks for coming out, especially Fred! It was great to talk to you more :p

Last edited:

Fred

Developer
Staff member
"/seasonreset" lets you reset the entire temple for anyone interested doing some more play testing!

The difficulty and how much you enjoyed the bosses is particular interesting for us with this update, so don't be afraid to share!

Own

Snowbuddy appears unable to take damage from any source in the fae boss battle. Intentional or a bug?

Also, Season Empowered Knights/Wizards appear to have card / item drops at the same rate as any other Elite Mob. Is that intended? It seems like there should be a different effect for Season Empowered mobs and Elite Mobs to prevent incredibly easy farming. A glowing snowflake under winter-empowered enemies, leaf under autumn-empowered enemies, etc.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
I played it over two times. Once with my best character, then with a testing one and on Hard. With my best, I had lv 17 and best gear. The temple was VERY easy (at least on normal) until the hydra. It took me few tries to defeat it, which makes it maybe a bit unbalanced, since the rest of the temple is being trivial (that's for strong chars).
With second char I had to do Toy Factory, because I didn't before so I found some issues before temple. But on second run, the temple had fine and challenging difficulty and knights/wizards not being a pushover.
There was a problem with Fae battle however. Particularly, with their thorns attack. If your character isn't super strong, you can easily get overwhelmed by thorns. Most of the battle I was whacking bushes, because it needs only some wind or Summer's binding attack and there's too many of them. Maybe the brown ones should take only one hit to disappear or they should appear with less frequency. It's a problem even on normal.
The Hydra boss is done well. Maybe a bit difficult for me, but at least fair.
I think I'll make new topics for rest of issues, as this post is getting too long :)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
@Teddy You forgot to mention that you guys added new sound effects! Also I'm loving the new patch. ^^

Edit: What I meant is that they added sound effects to older stuff other than the Temple of Seasons. (I'm refering to the updated "Quest Complete"-sound, I haven't played much yet so I don't know if anything more changed)

Last edited:

GarlicJelly

@Teddy the /setlevel command doesn't bring down your skill and talent points when you lower the level of your previous character. This means that you don't get accurate results unless you only use the command to raise your characters level. Just putting it out there. :p

I played it over two times. Once with my best character, then with a testing one and on Hard. With my best, I had lv 17 and best gear. The temple was VERY easy (at least on normal) until the hydra. It took me few tries to defeat it, which makes it maybe a bit unbalanced, since the rest of the temple is being trivial (that's for strong chars).
With second char I had to do Toy Factory, because I didn't before so I found some issues before temple. But on second run, the temple had fine and challenging difficulty and knights/wizards not being a pushover.
There was a problem with Fae battle however. Particularly, with their thorns attack. If your character isn't super strong, you can easily get overwhelmed by thorns. Most of the battle I was whacking bushes, because it needs only some wind or Summer's binding attack and there's too many of them. Maybe the brown ones should take only one hit to disappear or they should appear with less frequency. It's a problem even on normal.
The Hydra boss is done well. Maybe a bit difficult for me, but at least fair.
I think I'll make new topics for rest of issues, as this post is getting too long :)
Wait, you can fight the hydra? How?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Snowbuddy appears unable to take damage from any source in the fae boss battle. Intentional or a bug?

It's problematic since he'll likely be unable to do anything at all if he can't survive the thorns, but he's possibly unreasonably strong if he can't get hurt. Did you feel he trivialized the fight?

Also, Season Empowered Knights/Wizards appear to have card / item drops at the same rate as any other Elite Mob. Is that intended? It seems like there should be a different effect for Season Empowered mobs and Elite Mobs to prevent incredibly easy farming. A glowing snowflake under winter-empowered enemies, leaf under autumn-empowered enemies, etc.

That's indeed not supposed to happen! Their elite status are supposed to indicate their new unlocked skills/bonuses, not give them the exp and drop chance bonuses "real" elite enemies get. Using a different form of indicator might be a good option.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
@Teddy the /setlevel command doesn't bring down your skill and talent points when you lower the level of your previous character. This means that you don't get accurate results unless you only use the command to raise your characters level. Just putting it out there. :p

haha ;D

Yeah, I should probably make it auto-reset the skill points so people don't unwittingly use way too strong talent builds! Good catch

ark626

Wow thats amazing-.... to bad that ive promised to play the temple only if its fully finished together with some guys...
Cant wait until the hydra is in :D

Seily

Green Slime
Woaw... I managed to win at my first try against hard corrupted faes, at mid-life with my lvl18 character full cards ! That was just ! Well, I let them attack first, to see what happen, aaaaaaand that was a bad idea.

But the Hydrea !! It will be a huge pain to pass by... But heh, the mob spawner of the first temple was worse for me. :p

GarlicJelly

Woaw... I managed to win at my first try against hard corrupted faes, at mid-life with my lvl18 character full cards ! That was just ! Well, I let them attack first, to see what happen, aaaaaaand that was a bad idea.

But the Hydrea !! It will be a huge pain to pass by... But heh, the mob spawner of the first temple was worse for me. :p
I haven't tried the new bosses on hard but I tried the Toy Factory on hard and that was just ridiculous.... That said my nemesis is still the Red Giga Slime in the Arcade. XD