Version 0.706a

Momizi

Rabby
This only happens in Evergrind? Did it happen after buying the house or does it lag even though you haven't bought it yet?

lags before i can bought it

and if i talk to the guy to buy it the game crashes

this is on an old save tho

tho not that old (last played when the mimic boss was just put into the game)

ands yes it olny lags like that in Evergrind

and i also got an extramly beefy pc so its not on my end lol

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
@Momizi do you have any other save files, and if so does it lag on them too?

If it only lags on that one, could you upload the save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

Momizi

Rabby
@Momizi do you have any other save files, and if so does it lag on them too?

If it only lags on that one, could you upload the save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.

its all of them

i will upload one of them anyways just to see if you could find the proplem

playing in frontline if that matters and also still lags in most resent update

i havnt started a new game to see if that fixes it yet

Attachments

• Momizisavefiles.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Momizi

Rabby
If you switch back to Stable, does the lag go away?
im gonna have to start the game over so it might take awhile lol

so far it doent lag (but the housing guy isnt there yet)

im guessing it might be a proplem from older saves converting or something

Last edited:

TripDering

Green Slime
Evergrind City (can't remember when it unlocks) but talk to Kim and then the Blacksmith, leave the city map and come back, and boom - house.

Goremanslizer

Green Slime
SKIPPING QUESTS

With this patch we introduce a basic version of content skipping, which specifically allows you to skip past quests that you've finished in another player's world. Whenever you receive a quest, a popup will appear asking if you want to skip it, and choosing yes will alter the world state to match. This system allows for quickly skipping through content you don't want to play again, and play through things again if you want to be more thorough in single player (like reading dialogue you skipped because of your infuriatingly impatient pals).

Hey there,

this is my first message in the forum. So first of all: great game ! Thanks for this gem.

My problem is, that I'm not getting the mentioned prompts to skip quests. Yesterday I played alot with a friend - who was the host - and we reached the Tai Ming part. When I switched to singleplayer and started nearly from the beginning, I played through the end of the seasons-part and I never could skip any quests at all.

How does this feature work? And is it maybe, because we started the multiplayer in frontline-mode and switched to stable later on? We are just wondering, because no one else seems to have this problem, because we don't find any solutions in the internet.

Would be glad, if some one knows an answer to help me out. I mean, this game is so cool, I already nearly reached the same state in singleplayer as in multiplayer before, but the "skip"-mechanic just doesn't work for me.
(And yes, it's the same character I play.)

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Goremanslizer

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Hey there,

this is my first message in the forum. So first of all: great game ! Thanks for this gem.

My problem is, that I'm not getting the mentioned prompts to skip quests. Yesterday I played alot with a friend - who was the host - and we reached the Tai Ming part. When I switched to singleplayer and started nearly from the beginning, I played through the end of the seasons-part and I never could skip any quests at all.

How does this feature work? And is it maybe, because we started the multiplayer in frontline-mode and switched to stable later on? We are just wondering, because no one else seems to have this problem, because we don't find any solutions in the internet.

Would be glad, if some one knows an answer to help me out. I mean, this game is so cool, I already nearly reached the same state in singleplayer as in multiplayer before, but the "skip"-mechanic just doesn't work for me.
(And yes, it's the same character I play.)

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Goremanslizer

Thanks for the report!

That sounds like it's not working at all, and it's definitely supposed to! Very strange!

How it works is quite simple: when you complete a quest in multiplayer, it gets saved to your character file. Then, when you encounter the same quest in single player, the game should immediately prompt you to skip it.

So the bug is likely either that the quest completion has not been saved properly, or that the skip prompt doesn't trigger despite the quest being logged as finished.

How close to the beginning were you when you resumed playing on your own file?

Do you have any quest left that you completed with your friend (side quest is fine), that you have not yet re-completed on your own save file?

If yes on that last question, it would help me a lot to take a look at your saves! Could you upload the save files (both the character and world file) in a .zip file to the forums? You can find the save files in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea! Your first slot is named 0.cha and 0.wld, and so on.