Recent content by Devenir

1. D

Patch .580c Feedback

The thing is, there aren't any ways beyond the obvious (keep using spells til you're under 50%) to proc Manaburn. A clever way would be to allow Mana Storing from Summons as an example to forcefully lower your Mana pool to an appropriate amount to activate Manaburn. At the moment, Mana Storing...
  2. D

My Thoughts on the Yeti

its an equipment. dont remember which but you get it from an achievement or something. you can check the log. im almost certain it isnt crafted.
  3. D

Seasonne Enemy Card Effects

If you want to be cliché, the gifts could increase rare drops by like 2x. If you want to be creative, it could be like each hit has a 1% to drop the highest loot (or random loot) of the target's loot table.
  4. D

Patch .580c Feedback

Hmm, I'm not sure if perma under 50% is a bad thing. I see it as a trade-off, at 100 Mana, a level 2 Frost Friend will reduce your mana by 50 which effectively will activate Manaburn if it starts at 50 and not 49. 50 Mana is enough for 1-2 spells or 1 charged before you have to run around and...
  5. D

Spell Balance Suggestions

I did the same lol. made sure I was level 7 for the silver rank gem.
  6. D

Patch .580c Feedback

Manaburn It would be nice if this worked with Mana storage (Frost Friend storing 50 mana) to upkeep the damage buff indefinitely. Unfortunately, Mana storage in this game reduces you max Mana instead of storing it per se. In other words, Frost Friend reduces 50 max mana from lets say 100 which...
  7. D

Rebalancing of Whirlslash

I think the OP specifically noted that he didn't charge in his tests. 8th line "Charged: No". I've noticed the charged bug at gold but I don't think OP is talking about that. I certainly am not. When you level a skill from bronze 1 to bronze 2, the damage increase can sometimes be seen (if your...
  8. D

Play with a gamepad (JoyToKey & other tools)

I tried using JoyToKey and BetterDS with my PSP. I wasn't able to set it up. With JTK I was able to map my PSP to type letters but in game the buttons don't do anything. Is it possible to use the PSP as a controller for SoG? I used the PSP as a controller for a lot of emulators with like a 99%...
  9. D

I didn't know perfect guarding allows quick charges to spells. I will have to try that later. Spirit Slash does 5 hits I believe so either 1 1 1 1 1 on one guy or 1 hit each on five guys or 3 hits on guy A and 2 on guy B. Regardless if the damage is dispersed or not, the frequency of attacks...
  10. D

Viable Builds in Hard Mode Discussion

Hey thanks for the reply Cheynas and Goodstuff. The last sentence just resonates with me, Goodstuff lol. It is as you say, this game is moving towards a more fast paced, tons of stuff on the screen, constant repositioning and shielding gameplay and we can see this clearer with each new boss (can...
  11. D

Just a few ideas (and by few I mean a lot) I have on the current state of underpowered spells. To put into perspective and sort of quantify the weaknesses of the UP spells, we can look at Spirit Slash and Insect Swarm as the standard and set this experiment in boss fights. Lets start off by...
  12. D

Rebalancing of Whirlslash

Yea truth be told, leveling skills (i've tried almost all the skills) don't really seem to do much. If anything, it adds like 10-20 more damage after like 5-6 points worth of upgrading. The best way to improve damage is through gear. The scaling for most non-dot skills is like 1:1 ratio or...
  13. D

I mean Frost Nova is safe in that when you get mobbed, which happens all the time in Hard Mode, the spell allows you to knock back, slow, and potentially freeze them while doing good damage. Spikes and Lightning are really good spells and can be used at a distance, I agree. I think I value Frost...
  14. D

I decided to rewrite this post as the last one seemed a bit ranty. Atm, I'm using exclusively Insect Swarm. This spell alone got me to the start of Seasonne. I think this spell trumps any other spell in terms of safety and reliability. I noticed in Hard I get mobbed a lot more frequently so I...
  15. D

Steam Usernames and Steam Group

http://steamcommunity.com/app/269770 Click the "Group Chat" link near the top right of the page. This will make hosting/finding multiplayer games a lot easier. I will be looking for multiplayer games today if anyone's interested Edit by MrChocodemon Merged this Post with the Steam Username...