Recent content by Rdy

1. R

Secret of Mana Weapon Variety: Bow and Boomerang

Useless weapons are worse than pointless. At a certain point they become traps for people that don't know what the best options are, and if the game is balanced around not using useless weapons, then it becomes pseudo-punishment to take that option.
  2. R

Version 0.718b

Note that they removed the getting hit restriction on Static Touch on the latest Frontline. How do you run the build? My next Arcade runs I want to give Static Touch a try to see how well it progresses.
  3. R

Feedback for Utility Skills

I thought I would add to this thread as it seems the best place to put these thoughts as it specifically concerns some of the Utility skills. To start with, from my testing I've found the baseline EP regeneration rate seems to be around 5.66 EP per second. For accountability, here's a summary of...
  4. R

The reason why Gold Charge does so much is that it inherently applies Reaper's Blade, which does a lot of added damage. If you add a self-cast Reaper's Blade, you'll find reasonable damage upgrades along the lines of what you see from Dodge. Your assessment would be correct still though as it...
  5. R

Come on man, you're not even close to extreme until you're dropping 12K Meteors on ghosts. (8K sounds reasonable depending on just how much you stacked stats and buffs. I'll have to test the skill myself to see if it has a crazy upper boundary, though.)
  6. R

Version 0.718b

Hello, With this latest update rebalancing skills and spells, I took back to Arcade mode to give a whole lot of testing through their relative power levels. First of all, it's very impressive how many options are accessibly viable as Flamethrower previously was. Most shockingly I found Ice Nova...
  7. R

Version 0.612d

'People' refers to a plural. The simple answer is that it's an arbitrary rule when conjugating with singulars or plurals to conjugate the "opposite" for the sake of sentence clarity. It applies wide-spread to plurals, because most end with "s" to signify that they ARE plural. For example: The...
  8. R

Version 0.612d

The new Spinsects could make for great perfect guard montages: https://gfycat.com/FaithfulNewKiskadee
  9. R

[Feedback Request] Arcade Mode - Thoughts on long term balance

The primary reason Flamethrower is the clearly superior option is because of its insane burst. The theoretical flaw to Flamethrower is completely irrelevant when all you have to do is kill four enemies and then you get a full EP recharge. The cost of Flamethrower means it probably shouldn't work...
  10. R

--Meaningful choices in defense and power Another issue with the best defense being an excessive offense is how it reduces meaningful choices. Sure, you could equip something and lose attack power but gain defense, but the ultimate goal is to not take damage at all, and reducing your own damage...
  11. R

Hello, I've recently put in a fair amount of time into Arcade Mode. At the time of writing this, my most recent high score run ended at GUN-D4M with a score of 505k, placing me in the top #200 on the leaderboards, and giving me the top score of any F08 scores, for what little that's actually...
  12. R

Is it even possible to beat Marino in the festival race?

It's not impossible with a controller, but it's the kind of thing that you'd have to be training for. Tapping faster on a keyboard, especially if you have a mechanical one, is a lot easier. In fact, I'm certain the only reason I can do it with any amount of consistency is that I've played taiko...
  13. R

Is it even possible to beat Marino in the festival race?

You absolutely can - however, it's nigh impossible on controller. I estimated the requirement at somewhere around 11-13 button presses per second when I beat him. I made a video to show it off (as well as a keyboard display so you can see how fast I'm pressing Z) and will add it to this post...