Recent content by XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

1. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Rethinking the Design of Shields

Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to answer all of those! Not sure I remember mentioning the story for babies thing in here. Sounds like something I'd say in another area though. lol. Nonetheless that info was helpful too! xD And no worries on the "shutgun rhetoric". Haha. Everything you...
  2. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Swiss cheese! Thanks Teddy! Whenever that updates comes out I’ll checkout the commands. I’m especially hopeful for the 2nd and 3rd. I’m sure a “perfect” shield world is likely impossible. But a universe where it could be used well would be awesome. Confident that the commands will help with...
  3. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

[Rework Requests] A Noob's Collected Passionate Suggestions

Rethinking the Design of Shields Shield breaks have been a fundamental aspect of Secrets of Grindea for a noticeably long time. The idea hasn't been thoroughly questioned or investigated...until now. I believe that the journey to greater balance for close-combat classes, the journey to a world...
  4. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

A lot of gear isn't very interesting, when it should be.

In response to this one though, I don't think things have gotten to a point where abilities would be overwhelming. I definitely agree that the overwhelming point should be avoided. But things like the Smashlight could def get cool stuff. I think there's a solid balance between what you said...
  5. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Ignore that previous comment. I mixed up my posts I was responding to. lol.
  6. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

What I’m most honed in on is what the game encourages and fails to encourage, as well as the design of late game enemies, and how all of this has grown progressively more incompatible with the idea of how shields work in the game. Addressing these issues requires thinking outside the current...
  7. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Yeah I’m aware that it does throw a wrench in a few things. Honestly I think one of the largest issues with this idea is the crystal shield, whose entire gimmick (and it’s a pretty bad one honestly) is to give you low shield hp, but a little less shield damage if you pguard. But what I’m...
  8. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

I'm gonna go ahead and throw out a probably-controversial, certainly-game-reversing idea: What if shields couldn't be broken? Some Major Problems Recently I've been spending more time thinking about the kinds of things the game rewards and the kinds of things it doesn't reward, as well as how...
  9. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

I think I agree that a lot of weapons could be more interesting. As for the special effects, not sure I agree with most. But I'll just let others determine them and generate opinions later. I'm not as creative with that stuff. I don't think mage weapons should ever get knockback or attack...
  10. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Buffing 1H Wands The projectile damage on 1H magic wands is a bit too small. 1H is already weaker than 2H in terms of physical damage. But the 1H projectiles are also smaller and weaker, despite the fact that they provide more vulnerability and require more precision. This post is about giving a...
  11. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Buffing 1H Wands

Recently, Mario suggested changing the 1H wand projectiles to have splash damage on contact. I loved this idea so much I decided to post it for him (since he wouldn't). I think this would be awesome because right now I don't really see a significant reason to use 1H wands once you start...
  12. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Properly refighting bosses, and obtaining boss cards.

I don't like the idea of getting cards from "non-human humans" in general. It ruins the lore imo. You say they're "dark eerie shadows of the character", but that's really just a vague ambiguous term that doesn't hold well in the SoG universe. All the cards you can get in grindea are legitimately...
  13. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Making Retaliating Basic Attacks Worthwhile Not too long ago, "melee interrupts" were added to the game to reward players who use a melee attack after a pguard. In this post, I expand on this concept more to give all players strong rewards for retaliating with a basic attack after a pguard. It...
  14. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Making Retaliating Basic Attacks Worthwhile

Not too long ago, Teddy blessed us with the powers of "melee interrupts". I'm going to refer to them here as retaliations since that sounds cooler. If you're not familiar with retaliations, they occur when you use a melee attack (basic attack or melee skill) after pguarding. The resulting attack...
  15. XxX_MLG Noob_XxX

Flamethrower gold charge and manaburn

Specification for ManaBurn: When your EP is below 50%, you gain 10% MATK per Talent Level. Can confirm that this is actually the norm. So what you're suggesting is already in the game (unless I misread). As fun side, I do think manaburn is actually useful for most mages when used correctly. (G...