60 ingame hours lost

truekripp

Green Slime
Hey players and game creators!

I've spent a good 67 hours in Secrets of Grindea, and decided a while back to remove the game(for about a year or so).
Today I decided "I'm gonna play again!"
See how the game has developed, since I'm very much in love with this game.
Problem is, I didn't want to lose my main character. Which were above the level of the highest mob in the game. Let's just say I took "Grindea" to a new level.
Every quest complete, at that point, all fish fished up, every single drop lying in my bagpack, every crafted item, every single card as well, all pets and so forth. You get the point.
Today when I tried to open the game, it crashed several times, I tried googling the problem, reinstalled like 3 times and finally got it to work with the .600.
Funny thing is, I couldn't see my character. I decided to look it up, and yes I do have the back ups. But it doesn't work!
Is there any way I can show you the files, so that you can look through them, and tell me what's wrong with them? I really don't want to lose 60 hours of ingame playtime of fun and joy.

Thanks in advance.
Kripp

truekripp

Green Slime
So.. After fumbling for a good two hours I decided to try opening the game without using a special config(.600 before).
This time the game opened without an error(before it kept opening with errors) and I saw my lovely character on all the slots I had tried to restore him on!

What I did was opening the game where it wouldn't crash upon start.
I then went to my backup folder and copied several of the backup cha and wld files.
Moved them into "Character" and "World"
I then renamed them to 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and so forth.
Example: I had two files named 055h.cha and 055h.wld
the .cha file was then renamed to 0.cha and the .wld file was renamed as 0.wld.
Then put them in the right folders and went into properties of the game(in steam) and chose the to betas.
Clicked on NONE again and tried to open the game a last time.
This time the game opened up without any crash or errors, and I had my main chacter

Attachments

• socbaby.png
    socbaby.png
    19 KB · Views: 4