A Brick Wall in Difficultly. [ Hydra Boss ]

Super GNARLY

Green Slime
According to Steam, my girlfriend and I have spent 20 hours on Grindea.
I'm not sure how much of this was spent actually playing, but Grindea was 'our thing' for about 2 weeks after work.
However, We haven't played in 2 months. I can narrow it down to 2 reasons why.
-
Reason #1 : No Local play.
Setting up 2 laptops, or getting 2 applications to work on one system is a chore.
I understand why game devs. do not seek out local multiplayer.
I purchased 2 copies of the game because I found out couch co-op didn't exist after I bought the game.
It's great business practice to leave it out. I understand that.
-
Reason #2: Difficulty Spike at the Hydra.
Grindea is actually worth going the extra mile to set-up.
But getting our butts kicked by the Hyrda another 6 times before we rage quit isn't.
We've tried grinding to up our characters so we can beat them, but we still can't defeat one dragon.
It's too damn hard.
- -
Normally, I would keep these complaints to myself, and just appreciate the experience up to that point and leave it.
But seeing how the game is in beta, I figure I may be helping out explaining what got us to stop playing such an amazing game!
Seriously devs outstanding job on this amaze-balls piece of work. Truly hours of great fun.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You might wanna look at this thread. Local multiplayer is actually on the list of intended features (or at least it was at the time) but the Devs haven't got around to implementing it yet. Hopefully that'll get you playing again :D

Super GNARLY

Green Slime
Writing that post made me want to play again.

... but we are out of town and only brought one laptop with us ...

- - - - -
EDIT :
I have extensively read that post from 2014.
I plugged in 2-3 hours on trying to get 2 clients running.

The problem was in the " Local Host IP " part.

At that point, I realized the time cost was worth the money to buy another copy and use my girlfriends laptop.
#firstworldproblems

Last edited: