A few questions/ notes about the game.

Slit08

Green Slime
Hey there guys. :)
I'm new here and just finished registration process.
Let me say that I'm a huge fan of the game. It looks amazing and it's a really challenging game as well given the "bullet hell" nature of some bosses in this game. Nice work, developers, it'S really fun and great.
Anyways, since the FAQ is several pages long and since a "search" didn't give me any results I would like to ask a few questions. Aside from that I will also give a few oppinions on stuff.

1.) So I realized that the game has a certain structure. There's your main/ HUB area, the central location where all your adventures start - Evergrind City and its surrounding green area.
From there you start various adventures in certain parts of the world - the first one being Punpkin Woods and the second one being Saesonne (I guess Mt Bloom being the third area).
Each area has side quests and stuff to do in the "fields" part of the chapter with the occasional boss fight.
Then there's the big dungeon of the area (Flying Fortress and Season Temple) with 2 bosses and a final major boss fight.
I guess this structure is correct right and will be maintained for the majority of the game? It's definiately a cocept I love.

2.) My main question is: How many areas and big dungeons/ temples (with major bosses) will there be or are at least planned for the final game? It's okay if you cannot or don't want to talk about that yet but maybe it was already asked somewhere or already stated by the devs elsewhere (again, my search didn't show me any results).
Personally (and that's just my oppinion), 6 areas with big dungeons and then the final boss events would be ideal/ optimal, and I hope for at the very least 4 big dungeons (once again not including the final boss, if he/ she's fought in a big dungeon).

3.) Do you guys differentiate between mini bosses, normal bosses and major bosses? Or are they all just normal boss fights? cause for me there are basically two major boss fights in the game so far - the end bosses of their respective temples). Just interested in the consensus. :)

Thanks in advance if you can answer me these questions. :)
Anyways, have fun you guys. :)

Ardeof

Rabby
I'm just a fellow gamer, but these are my thoughts on 1/2/3:

1) Agreed about the design of the gameplay. Seems to have a bit of build up with some interactions/houses along the way. I'd hope they change it up a bit. Each quest/event should have different levels of story and difficulty, etc.

2) If you look at the map of Secrets of Grindea so far, which i've attached an image of, you'll see that there are a total of 8 different shaded areas that haven't been explored yet. As of Stable Beta: V0.600anders. Those in unstable Beta may have a better idea of how much area the 4th temple uses, but my guess is that it'll only use up the top right corner area. Which is one of the largest unexplored areas in the game. My guess is that top right area will have at least one or two divisions, one being quests and the second being a boss and whatnot. That'd depend on what kind of story they want in that part of the map.

3) Yeah i'm not really certain about that either. The only indication that the "Bosses" are different from typical monsters is that they'll typically have at least of these when interacting with the "Bosses":
a) A health bar
b) A unique name
c) The intro with a large image of them, their name, and their description.
d) Look very unique compared to the monsters in the area.

There are also the "mini bosses" which usually have some of these traits:
a) A health bar.
b) A unique name
c) Some kind of effect, which makes the monster look different among its kind. Sometimes colored a different way as well.

Attachments

• SoGMap.png
    SoGMap.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 8

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Those in unstable Beta may have a better idea of how much area the 4th temple uses, but my guess is that it'll only use up the top right corner area. Which is one of the largest unexplored areas in the game.
You mean the 3rd temple? Fourth one will be on the south, top-right is 3rd (there's a tooltip in game when you try to go there).
But whole south area seems too big for me, and they might eventually decide to make the map smaller. Each temple uses like 2 areas on map, so there's just too much space. Or maybe it will be reserved for some post-game content/DLC? There's also an area on top-left, which might have something to do between temples.