A Styles slot for weapons

Momizi

Rabby
i would like to have a styles slot for weapons were it changes the look (and sound) of your weapon with anouther one without changeing its stats

i like the carrot sword but the lazor sword stat wise is way better

it also would make customization way better, so everyone doent have the sword/rod at the end of the game lol

oh and sheilds too becouse if your gonna do 1 might as well do the other

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I thought the same when I started to play the game because there was a 2h weapon that was better than the Smashlight which looks really great but I simply couldn't bring myself to use it because it's stats were weaker. :S I don't know how much work this would be but I assume it's something for Teddy and he's got enough as it is right now. :p

Momizi

Rabby
oh yay someone agrees

i hope a dev sees this,

seeing as the game is high on customization it would be silly not to add this

I like this idea and support it. I also support a variation where appearance items are something you have to earn. This is GRINDea, after all.

For example, maybe you can convert any item into an appearance-only version once you have two copies and visit a new NPC (who turns one of the copies into the appearance item). It would add more status to players who worked hard to get an appearance version of the more difficult to obtain stuff.

I like the idea of appearance items being something special! The best items aren't always the best looking ones, i wouldn't mind appearance slots for every visible item.

Purrbidden

Giga Slime
You have my vote too, we can do it for most clothing items, so why not weapons?
I enjoy the look of most weapons; but they always tend to have lower stats to the one I'm currently using. ;u;
I hope a dev picks up on this.

Fred

Developer
Staff member
I wouldn't mind a feature like this down the road, especially since a lot of you guys seem to be interested in it.
As of now, with pretty much all of the game breaking bugs out of the way for now, we want to focus pretty hard on adding actually content to the story. Feels like forever since we made some meaty progress on the actually game. Since this is only cosmetic stuff, we'll put it on the back burner for now, but I like the idea none the less!

Momizi

Rabby
i understand that you want story content in 1st

but im super happy that you are considering adding it in

Nayra

Green Slime
@Momizi: I agree! Support! Vote! Plus! BTW, I really understand you because I love to use the Carrot Sword, too, just because it looks cute and is fun ^-^ and because I've got a pink rabby >3<

@camelotcrusade & Jeroenimoo0: I like the idea of making appearance items special, too, but I disagree in one point... I think we should be able to change every equipment item into an appearance item, not only those we have twice or more.

@Fred: (+) ! I think that's the correct order. I'm for prioritizing the story, too. And yes, please please let us keep the 'cosmetic stuff' in mind, I'm looking forward to it :-3

EDIT: Just a quick idea that came to my mind: I would take 'Style' out of the Equip-Tab and add an additional Tab 'Appearance' between 'Character' and 'Equipment' for that or something like that, because otherwise the Equip-Tab would be too full. Or put an extra button in one of these two sections that will open a new menu like the Pet-Menu.

Last edited: