A Unique Quest for Luigi?

Own

Just a random thought, but Luigi seems like he could have an interesting, unique sort of quest based around perfect-guard crit-dueling an empowered Bloomo.

Accept the quest to kill an unruly Bloomo in the garden, walk over next to the Bloomo Flower and it will lock you into place with roots around your feet as it sprouts up. You can't turn or run away, and basic attacks do nothing to it. But if you perfect guard it's swipe, the guaranteed critical with your weapon will always hurt it. Basically the quest would be to do enough perfect guard crit-hits on it before it kills you.

I've always been a fan of 'unique' quests in RPGs, the kind that don't involve farming up a numberof items or fetching / delivering something, so quests like these are highly appealing. =P The boar-rock quest was another that was very, very nice.

Own

Another interesting quest, along the idea of the boar-rock charging one, would be some sort of flower in the pillar mountains that will only bloom when a bee pollenates it.

Which would essentially mean taunting a bee into diving at you and over the flower. =) The game wouldn't tell you this, just that you have to get a bee to pollenate it - and let you connect the dots. Not sure what the purpose of the flower would be for. Returning it to Jonathan to cure his illness, or having it grow into a beanstalk to climb to a secret area?

Last edited:

Own

Luring boars into breaking all targets / bees into diving over all targets could be a fun challenge room for the arcade too, now that I think about it. =D

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think trying to complete a maze with enemies in it without your sword sounds like a fun challange. :D Puzzles too for that matter. :D