Accurate descriptions of skills etc.

TwiiK

Green Slime
Currently a lot of skills just say things like: "Does damage, extra points give more damage". I feel like everything should be described in absolute values in terms of understandable units. "Base radius of explosion is 15 pixels/feet/meters. Each point increases the radius by 5 pixels/feet/meters", "Silver charge grants 50% more damage" etc. etc.

Now there's a lot of hidden stats and guesswork involved which I dislike in rpg's. I feel like I should be able to calculate the exact potential of an item or skill before I equip it or upgrade it.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Most of them are not 100% balanced and get an overhaul at some point so there is not really use of writing donw every exact value for every skill. Even the skills are not 100% final. Maybe they get removed next week. Who knows.
But to be honest, we all want more info on this and we'll get more info once the game moves towards completion.

Topics we had are
Clarity in Game Mechanics
Upgradeable Stat Tracking

Nontheless, you are right and some sort of value should be given. I mean dmg+, yes, but how much +?
Most of us are curious and i think that if you're a little patient, that more accurate descriptions will come.

TwiiK

Green Slime
Yeah, I see. I just noted it down as a suggestion/feedback because from own experience it's just as easy to put those values directly into the skill descriptions so they will always be accurate and up to date as it is to just write generic skill descriptions. So I was just worried/wondering what direction this game was heading in. A lot of games choose to have vague skills descriptions because they fear they will lose casual players if the descriptions are too detailed *cough* Diablo 3 *cough*.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Oh God, Diablo3. Yeah i can see why you are worried. I don't think that Secrets of Grindea will become a number chaos for hardcore oldschool RPG nerds, but more detailed and informative then it is right now.

Teddy said "Modding is of course something we'd love to have (who wouldn't?), but due to the team size and our vision for the game it's not something that's going to happen before the core game is done. [...]" in Mod Support

So if the game is release someday and still won't have that, be assured i'll implement it.