alternative controler layout option

maverag

Green Slime
im not sure if this will be simple or not but an option to switch or customise controler layout would be greatly appriciated as i and im sure a lot of other players only own nintendo/playstation layout controlers as we dont own an xbox. i personaly have a switch pro controler and an 8bitdo both being nintendo layout (swaped X/Y and A/B and alternative nameing on bumpers and triggers). my brother only owns a ps4 controler and a switch pro controler.

maverag

Green Slime
there is also no need for the layers on Lt and Rt as most controlers have more than enough buttons for all functions especialy including the second joystick as a second d-pad style interface. having 2 diferent sections of a controler do the same action is a relic of times that controlers had less buttons and should probably be avoided unless absolutly needed

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
Very good suggestion.

Not that it replaces an ingame remapping option, but if you are on steam, you can remap your controller on a per-game basis.

1. Go into Steam settings and into the "Controller" section
2. Enable Steam-Input for the controller type you use
3. Now games have a small controller symbol, which you can click and completely remap your controller just for this game.
1688532464371.png