Another Guide on: "How to beat the Furious Giga Slime"

d_nlo

Rabby
Here is the setup:
  • Dodging Strike: Lv 5 (Lv 4 for Arcade Mode)
  • Second Wind: Lv 5

Notes:

• The Giga Slime's HP and Damage is the same on the Arena as it is on Arcade.
  • You can use this strategy on both Arena and Arcade, since it doesn't require much space to move around.

1. Attack Pattern

• The Giga Slime will almost always jump 3 times towards you before making an attack.
  • Sometimes, he will jump 5 times before making an attack.
  • He'll either, summon red slimes or do nothing, but, if you're next to him, he'll always use the hammer attack on you.
  • On arcade, he'll sometimes swap the order of his attacks, using the hammer first and then spawning slimes after that.
  • When he loses a certain amount of HP (Every 25% on Arena / 50% on Arcade), he'll start spinning and become invulnerable, so you'll just have to wait untill this phase is over.

2. Dealing Damage

E8A44A47ECE16088A73107939ACC625F12375D9B

• You'll hit the slime 1 to 2 times with your basic attack, then wait until the Giga Slime jumps.
  • Wait a few frames while he is on the air, then use Dodging Strike.

3. Avoiding Walls

AC5D89F7EDEA4D24E2241F008E307515F13D60BF

• Do the same thing as before, but, instead of simply using Dodging Strike, turn backwards and then use the skill.
  • DO NOT use this when the Giga Slime is using the Hammer Attack, only when he is bouncing.

4. Avoiding Slimes

9E848D905DEE822497527A6D0E123E7062D75E33

• Time Dodging Strike correctly to avoid being hit with the hammer and HOLD the skill while walking backwards to get a little bit of distance.
  • DO NOT use Dodging Strike's Silver Charge on Arcade mode, or else you'll run out of EP!
  • Face the Giga Slime and wait for him to bounce then release the key/button so you'll go through him.
  • Wait for him to bounce again, then use Dodging Strike to avoid him.

5. Shield Blocking

319613215C0E8AEA0F502FF3980B1F151C77B9D9

• Before the Giga Slime starts to spin, try to take a little bit of distance, until you can fully see your character.
  • With the Iron Shield without the Bee Card, You'll need at least 2 Perfect Blocks to avoid taking damage on this phase.
  • If you block normally, wait a few frames before using the shield again, you'll almost garantee a Perfect Block.

And here's a video showing all of that in action:

Last edited:
A difference between the Arcade and the Arena version is that he only seems to spin once (at 50% hp?) in Arcade, if my memory serves me right. Furthermore, I think he jumps more than 3 times (5?) sometimes in Arcade?

Last edited:

d_nlo

Rabby
I've seen him doing that in the arena as well, but it seems really rare.
I remember him jumping five times once in all my tries against him (in the arcade mode).
He does looks like that he takes more hits before starts to spin on arcade, but I couldn't confirm that, since there is no way that I can have a rematch.
That is why I asked before about the differences between both slimes and if there was a way for having them both always having the same pattern of attacks.
Or at least, I wanted to be able to fight him again.

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Or at least, I wanted to be able to fight him again.
You can fight him again, by deleting your Arcade save located in "%appdata%/secrets of grindea".

EDIT:
Just noticed someone told you this in another topic.

d_nlo

Rabby
There, it works, beat it again using the strategy on this guide, I took only one hit (I got nervous at the end).
2015-09-17_00010.jpg
Also, I would be pissed off if I did killed it without taking a hit, since I wasn't recording...

Last edited: