AoE and Melee like Spells?

So I've been playing the game a lot. But I don't like the magic skills a lot, mainly since there isn't many one target spells, or spells in an area of effect like Ice Nova. I personally would like to see more spells that cater to people that like melee fighting like me.

An idea I have is like a small explosion in you palm (fire or ice) that acts MUCH closer to a sword than a spell, like it's quick, and doesn't really charge. "Doesn't really charge"?!? WHAT? I know. I know. Instead of charging it could be like berserker style where the more you hit something the stronger it becomes.

Or an Area of effect spell that acts like whorl slash, like a spinning motion. It could be a tornado going around the player, and it could just do minimal damage but send the opponents and projectiles FLYING! This could act like a normal spell.

But what are your ideas for spells? And do you agree or disagree with me?

Own

It sounds to me like what you want is Earth Spike. You can face a direction, tap the button and it'll immediately burst up in front of you with a sword-swing range. It can be spammed fairly fast as well.

It seems like they tried to make every skill and spell as unique as possible, without risking any overlapping or redundancy. So you do have one Area of Effect spell, which is Ice Nova. And there is a one-target spell that can hit from afar or close up, Earthspike. Or optionally fireball, which can light enemies on fire instead of knocking them into the air.

If there was another spell like Whirlslash, what's the point of Ice Nova? :p

If you're just wanting to do fire or ice damage, there are Talents that use your MagicAttack damage to add elemental effects into your weapon damage. A fully geared mage could do some pretty serious Burn DoT by maxing that one.

It sounds to me like what you want is Earth Spike. You can face a direction, tap the button and it'll immediately burst up in front of you with a sword-swing range. It can be spammed fairly fast as well.

It seems like they tried to make every skill and spell as unique as possible, without risking any overlapping or redundancy. So you do have one Area of Effect spell, which is Ice Nova. And there is a one-target spell that can hit from afar or close up, Earthspike. Or optionally fireball, which can light enemies on fire instead of knocking them into the air.

If there was another spell like Whirlslash, what's the point of Ice Nova? :p

If you're just wanting to do fire or ice damage, there are Talents that use your MagicAttack damage to add elemental effects into your weapon damage. A fully geared mage could do some pretty serious Burn DoT by maxing that one.
Good point but spamming Earth Spike makes you lose all of your mana in like 4-6 uses and is MUCH less powerful than just Shadow Clone, so what I was saying is one that doesn't use a lot of mana quickly and can be spammed like shadow clone but with magic instead for a magic build.

As for Ice Nova what they can do is make it more damaging and then make an AoE spell (one I was suggesting) just for knockback if your getting overwhelmed. Although I haven't tried Whirl Slash because I hate 2 handed weapons.

And the main reason I want this is so that I can a build that is strictly magic that can end up being more devastating than a shadow clone + crit + forehand (the chaining attack one) because of the talents and such (with the burn and whatever)

Edit: If the mana could regen when I'm attacking with magic OR when I attack something with magic it would regen a bit then I wouldn't need that 1 target magic attack.

Last edited: