[Arcade] [Gameplay] (v0.800c) Home (and other) Issues After Watching Replays

FlipFTW

Green Slime
After watching Ikomu's replay in the public cinema page and the replay glitching out due to severe dysync I noticed several issues when returning to my arcade main area.

Minor changes included selling essence not actually increasing my money, my character's look being changed to his, and the "save and quit" being replaced with "end run" until I entered an actual run and died (at which point it was replaced with save and quit).

This has happened to me several times as I attempted to steal other peoples builds climb the arcade ladder past #19, normally It fixes after entering a run and dying with no harmful side-effects.

This time, however, I had went into my house and realized that my inventory was replaced with the default quest rewards and all the furniture I bought was missing (from my inventory, not the house/room that I had saved). After placing a few of the items for kicks (and to save 5000 gold on a phase plate), I had attempted to load one of my previous saved formats to regain my items during which a wall of text told me I was missing several furniture items. (Pictured below is the screen upon loading the save file in slot 1)
https://i.gyazo.com/08b936846e1b2edf4c9d498b63da6996.png
08b936846e1b2edf4c9d498b63da6996.png

https://i.gyazo.com/67fa43d2bc11491e0b1193d9f846970d.png
67fa43d2bc11491e0b1193d9f846970d.png

the right and left rooms are from my original home before redecorating, prior to viewing the recording.
As you can see they are detached from the main entrance room, and despite editing I couldn't reattach them (or enter them). I manged to re obtain some of my furniture back, specifically everything but the wall and flooring, and everything that was originally in the main room.

Despite restarting the game this issue has yet to resolve itself, rendering me unable to channel my inner designer and make a home worthy of continuously dying to a time traveling angry box for.

P.S. If you want to remove Ikomu's recording (and rank) to help my ladder rank that'd be pretty cool too. ya know just to be safe <3 (JK, great run until it dysync and I watched him chase after ice storms with 0 health)

tl;dr, I tried to dupe a phase plate to save money and borked my entire arcade house. Pls send help, or at least another phase plate because having 3 isn't very useful.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Those are some pretty brutal glitches! I'll try to watch this Ikomu replay and see if I too can enter the Twilight Zone (and repair the rift into it)!

As for your predicament, I think you should probably look into restoring a backup of Arcade Mode!

In the file explorer, go into %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea and find the Backups folder. In here you should see folders named after all your characters and one for Arcade Mode (if there are multiple, sort by date and pick the latest).

Go into the folder. The auto 0-9 are rolling backups. Sort the folder by date to easily see which of them was made last! The “round00010” and alike are permanent backups made every 10th run.

Choose a backup you think is appropriate, and copy it to the root folder. Rename it to "arcademode.sav" and then go into Arcade Mode to see if it was the right backup to restore! Note that you might need to temporarily disable Steam Cloud for the game for this to work (you'll notice if your corrupted save file keeps getting auto-restored by Steam).

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
tl;dr, I tried to dupe a phase plate to save money and borked my entire arcade house. Pls send help, or at least another phase plate because having 3 isn't very useful.
All you need to do is find a way to use those extra rooms in your house to wrong warp to floor 17 and you'll have all the gold you could ever need ;)

FlipFTW

Green Slime
Followed steps to restore save file and was able to successfully reload my previous house layout with no issues, Thanks for the great support.
(If a save file is made every ten runs, then round00340.sav means i've played over 340 runs? :eek:)

As for reproducing the glitches, further research seems to indicate that the bugs listed occur after watching any recording to completion including your own (forced to exit by run ending or dysync, not terminated early).

After watching a short recording where I suicide on the 2nd floor after taking a silly hit, I experienced many of the same issues listed above (Selling essence but not getting the gold for it, end run replacing save and quit)

With a little more testing I've found that "appearance" changing seems only limited to the unlocked cosmetics, such as cat ears, fae wings, or beards.

f82c7cf267cda4e6bfa6cf0773f8cc8f.png

As you can see by this image despite not being in a run the "end run" button is showing up while I'm in the main arcade area (cinema in this case).
^Also seems to display that I'm level 12 despite not having any skill points, this did NOT change despite entering a run and suiciding

Pressing it does nothing while in the main arcade area, and it returns to the "save and quit" option after entering a game and either suiciding using the now-functional end run button or dying from mobs.

Once again, thanks for the support and for making such an awesome game, I'm looking forward to new additions to both the arcade mode and main story!