• Yes

• No

• Maybe

• Turnips

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mythics

Green Slime
Hello!

Am I crazy for thinking this or is the vine grab by the Helloweed in arcade mode too strong?

It comes at us faster than we can move (or so it seems), it lasts several seconds, and if an elite slime is next to you (which would normally be no problem)... it's pretty much insta-death if the other player can't attack Mr. Weed rather quickly.

I may just not understand the mechanics of it, but shaking the joystick (playing via gamepad) and pressing buttons like attack/shield rapidly doesn't seem to make it go away quickly.

I mostly ask because every other attack by every other monster has been something my wife and I have overcome through practice, but this specific move seems to be something we just can't figure out how to deal with. When timed well, it's pretty much the end of the run or it takes a lot of luck/skill to recover from it over the next few levels.

Thanks for any input!

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Well, being an attack that only appears in co-op, it should give you a clue that best way to free yourself is to get help from another player (like, attack vined player to destroy vines).

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Well, being an attack that only appears in co-op, it should give you a clue that best way to free yourself is to get help from another player (like, attack vined player to destroy vines).

Thinking about it... it might not actually work like that right now, which is kind of bizarre since that's how the slime prison multiplayer attack works! I'll double check and make it work similarly if it's not.

Mythics

Green Slime
Thinking about it... it might not actually work like that right now, which is kind of bizarre since that's how the slime prison multiplayer attack works! I'll double check and make it work similarly if it's not.
Ty both for the help!

We probably just need more practice, but if a player gets grabbed with even only one slime next to them, that can easily be 1/3 their health in a single attack that they can't block.

It's also an attack that can strike in co-op even if only one player is left alive.. good luck getting your ally's ghost to cut the vines. :) (I often play with my wife and 6yr son, who manage storymode alright.. but I'm often the only survivor in arcade.)

Maybe the lesson for us is to stay close to one another in that fight? As I said, we may just need more practice. Most hurdles we seem able to overcome with enough... grind. :p

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It's also an attack that can strike in co-op even if only one player is left alive..

Hmm... it shouldn't use the attack when there's only one player alive! I've probably used the wrong player count function in that case (counting players in session instead of players in combat). I'll look into it!

As for another tip, try treating it as a priority target and have someone sticking to the Halloweed while the others try to protect that player from the other stuff. If someone is fighting it close range, it can't burrow or root people!

Mythics

Green Slime
@Teddy Thanks for the tips!

My wife and I had split up, one to fight the Slimes and the other for Helloweed... but I was usually the one taking on Helloweed and I often tried to kite it. Once I stopped kiting and just danced inside/outside its range, the fight has turned into a very easy one.