arcade mode expansion timeline?

Pharphis

Rabby
Hey,

I'm still too nooby to make it to floor 11, but I was wondering if/when arcade mode will be updated to include the newest regions?

BTW, love the game mode even though Marino (?) is cancerous.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I'm pretty sure everyone hates Marino :p He's evil to 1H builds, and I think Fred said in a livestream that they were going to change that fight a bit. I haven't heard anything else on that though. Hopefully it becomes a reality!

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I'm pretty sure everyone hates Marino :p He's evil to 1H builds, and I think Fred said in a livestream that they were going to change that fight a bit. I haven't heard anything else on that though. Hopefully it becomes a reality!
I hope they only change Marino in Arcade mode because I like him in Story mode. :p

Pharphis

Rabby
Thanks!
Ya, atm I'm basically stuck hoping for toy factory + smashie/bashie in order to make it any further. Of course, this doesn't usually happen.

Pharphis

Rabby
Yes!!!

I got toy factory + no marino combo for once, and it was a good run. Went all the way through the temple to beat winter, as well, with ~150 health left. Pecko card probably made all the difference as well.

I hope to fight the hydra boss sometime, since I didn't get it this time (the double fairy boss was very easy)

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Séasònnë is probably the hardest area. Once you've beaten floor 10/11 (mainly Marino) the next two floors should be a walk in the park. I think I've died twice on floor 12, gotten to floor 13 about 4 times, and haven't ever died on floor 11, to give you some perspective :p

Hydras is easy with Blade Flurry if you get the perfect guards right, imo.

Pharphis

Rabby
Ya that seems to be right.

I still need to get S rank for floors 5/6 and higher. 5/6 shouldn't be tooo difficult (sometimes I just goof against the bats) but I rarely finish ANY rooms in S timing in the flying fortress area. Why is the timing so strict? It feels like even some rooms where I'm barely slowed by the purple circle or the shield guardian or anything else I can barely get an S ranking...

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
You need to risk your life and soul to get a double S there. It's evil against 1-H builds. The only way I've gotten S ranks is by intentionally letting a brawler bot hit me, perfect dodging it then hopefully hitting anything else in the room on the return swing. If there's a Wisp, it's homing projectile will normally get in the way of that. There's probably some balancing issues that need addressing - one might be that Brawler bots attack from outside your hit range, making them risky to keep attacking.

Pharphis

Rabby
I feel like 1 extra second buffer would be enough to keep it challenging but not horrendously difficult. Earlier today I managed to get 50/50 A/S on one of those two floors but that's probably the best I've played (time-wise) on that floor... ever.

Also I haven't even tried the blade flurry skill, yet. Maybe I'll try to phase that in (I recall you using it well against jumpkins but they're rarely a problem for me) instead of the snow summon.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I wouldn't. I don't start using blade flurry properly till floor 9. If you really want a skill to tear through that area, try using Spirit Slash. It follows anything it hits around, making it that easiest skill to lock onto stuff with.

Pharphis

Rabby
I'll give it a try today :) Got the ghost charm last night (S rank pumpkin woods). If I don't like it that much, I'll give 2H a try as well

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I consider that cheating as it's not you doing all the damage :p However, it seems like 1H players have a massive disadvantage at this point anyway. I might just blitz the whole place with Frosty and Flamethrower.

Pharphis

Rabby
I'm having difficulty imaging how flamethrower can be all that good in arcade mode. I feel like you would be way too vulnerable to attacks, even if you charge your skill before entering the room :/

BTW spirit slash is cool. I think I'll try to replace the snow summon with points in this to try to at least make the flying zone easier. It doesn't seem necessary on earlier floors, though.

tkld178

Rabby
Well honestly flamethrower is risky, even when using frosty. Since your a mage though you can get a secondary magic to deal with mobs so you don't have to get in close. Since it is a mage build you won't have the best defence so getting hit 2 times almost always guarantee an A for the floor. You can get very far with it though, you just have to kill everything before frosty dies/everything that is a pain to you.