Arcade Mode Expansion ???

mr. nails

Rabby
Just a thought.

I'm not sure how in depth the Arcade Mode is, but it is intriguing. The first thing I thought of was the old Super Nintendo game, "ActRaiser". This was a fantastic game. Not so much it's sequel.

In ActRaiser you would go out and do you "missions" and save people. As you did this your town would grow and so would your population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ActRaiser

As it is right now, I personally get bored with the Arcade Mode. Not saying it's not good, but it's just not for me.

I've ONLY gotten two town upgrades and ONLY three essences, so yeah, I haven't did a whole lot in this game mode. Like I said though... I get bored.

Any chance on expanding this mode to where you can build a huge town/city of sorts with a vast population which in turn provides more quests and/or other fun things to do and add to the town?

And the list of my ideas go on...

Luart

Green Slime
If you want to rush through arcade, do m dmg chars, insect swarm + cloud pet, works wonders in arcade xD
Ez way to get full town as of now xD (and yeah u get most quest upgrading the town xD)

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
Right now you have to grind Arcade points by just playing a lot. For every 100k points you score in one run you get 1 essence so as you get better you start recieving an essence or two every time you play. I'm not 100% sure about how much points you need to upgrade the town but I think there are 5 or 6 town upgrades right now which all bring a new NPC and a new quest. I'm pretty sure that this is just a portion of all the things you will be able to unlock since they've said that there will be 24 floors in the final version. :D

mr. nails

Rabby
Also.

When doing Arcade Mode what do you get for Story Mode?

I was doing Arcade Mode the other day and when I stopped and went back to Story Mode I received something. Wasn't paying attention long enough to see what that something was.

Looking in my inventory I've acquired things for housing. Maybe it was something for housing?

Other than housing decorations what else can be acquired from Arcade Mode to Story Mode?

Thank you.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
You get some cosmetic items. They have no effect other than looks.
You have two slots in your inventory where you can equip those. Or there is this ButterflyMedal that when you equip it as a weapon/skill and use it, you can toggle a butterfly aura.

I think there will be some housing items later and stuff like that. So purely cosmetic stuff so you can show off your awesomeness without being OP.

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I think you get a Red Slime housing item too. It might just have been a Plushie though.