Arcade Red Slime King Knowledge Collection.

Hey, so i tried Red King Slime now Multiples times, and for some reason i have a feeling this fight isnt fully Tested yet.

So this is our part, Challenge him and bring your Suggestions/Opinions to this tread where we can find out together how to kill this red pudding.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now he is Impossible, even with todays nerf.
For me an encounter is "Hard" when you get him at least to 50% and he uses some "Wrath of God Abillity" But we Tried as a 3 Man Troop with nearly every Skill Combination. And the Most we got him was 80% (The 80% Run Everyone had full live and nearly BIS Gear)

So you have 2 Options,
1) Try Solo (Wont use Stun) and maybe have a chance on killing him after 3 Weeks of Practice Grind.

2) Wait for Nerf. (Most Likely this, becouse i really doubt that even asians can beat him right now ^^)

Also Personal note.
There is Too much Slime in an too Small Area. If you cant move [or really slow] you cant avoid him long enough, so Magic is nearly useless here.

Melee is also not a good choice since you can only do effective dmg after every 3rd Jump Which also takes ages and in meantime everything is red and you get facerolled again.

Support Tree was never a good choice in Beta.

Something that i would like to see, to make him an worthfull enemy but also an fun/chalenging fight.

1) Increase Area of Fight and Decrease Red Slime on floor but give him something like enrage (especially for 2+ Players)
This wouldnt change Balancing Utilitys much and also gives a higher variety on possible kill specs.

2) We need some usefull Abilitys Against him.
This would need an hard change of abilitys and may mess up balance.
As suggestion would be something like Support Tree: 50 Mana 10 Sec Buff which negates Slime or something like that.

Eriktion

Green Slime
i cant beat him either

but 1 point in the one handed charge skill makes better movement over slime possible

@Eriktion, Yes. But! The problem here is that the King Slime is on an Too low Floor.
So if you skill 1 point in that charge (Which does not negate slow, just makes you stuck bit less) you cant Silvercharge another DMG skill for example.
Which means you dont do enough DMG -> Fight Takes Ages -> Out of MP -> Wipe

We need something that shouts "USE ME AGAINST HIM!" but from all Abilitys the only one i found so far was the Backcharge which you can use to jump back then shieldblock to canel. But again if you have to use too much skill points just to avoid him for a short time for the price that you do no DMG. you cannot beat him.

Sebo

Green Slime
Same here. Tried the red slime with Ice Nova (lvl 6) to maybe slow it down. Got the slime down to about 80%.

I ALMOST beat him.

One Handed
This is the easiest way to do it, find an area that has no slime in it, and attack once and move everytime he jumps towards you, and if you are cornered in slime, focus on running away (with a speed accessory if you can find it).
To pull off the most damage, level up your shadow clone, and you will widdle him down a little bit faster
For the smaller red slimes, Spirit slash can take care of most of them if you get a space between your attacks, as the red slimes are a little stronger than green ones, but are still easily taken out at level 11 (which is the level I was at after beating the current game and doing the gauntlet)

Two Handed
As I stopped using the Two-Handed weapons as that was my first save, Titan's throw will be SUPER USEFUL in this battle, as it is a ranged attack and can be recollected after, it will take a while, but it is your best bet if you want to survive, as Two-handed swing is very slow and won't open up many opertunities for attack.
Whirlslash is your best chance against the smaller enemies.
Fire Magic
This tactic is similar to the One handed strategy, but you are much safer and further away from danger, your best bet will be to max fireball, and shoot him down, and trying to escape when he does his spin attack. Meteor can also be used, similar to the way you do the Two-Handed strategy, as you can aim Meteor (but you will have to be good as movement prediction)
Ice Magic
Ice spikes is similar to the One-Handed strategy, except you will probably have to get closer, Frosty Friend can help with the smaller enemies, but won't be able to do much against the giant slime.
Earth Magic
This is probably the best magic to be fighting against this guy, the earth spell has the same mechanic as the Meteor and the Titan's Throw, and will be your main source of damage. Your other sources of damage is Insect Swarm when he gets to close and (if your plants actually last) your summon Plants, can do alot more damage.
Air Magic
This is probably not the best idea, the chain lightning is only really that useful against the smaller slimes, as it won't do that much and doesn't have the most range compared to other spells, The cloud is only a bit helpful, and the wind slash is good, but requires waiting to shoot, and may not be the best, especially when he is close.
Support Magic
Haste is very useful, but Shield is amazing if you're prone to screwing up and taking a ton of damage.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Just dropping in to let you know that he is indeed defeatable now: it has been done!
Not letting you know what was used though, you go figure out some cool tactics! ;)