Arcade Survival Guide: Spin2Win

Own

The ice tremors don't bother me too much, except when he's spewing massive amounts of snowfists everywhere and there's blizzards blowing about. Rarely I find myself in a situation where I'm temporarily stuck in a corner of the battlefield behind icespikes and a blizzard is about to blow through, forcing me to take blizzard damage. That really doesn't happen often at all, though.

From my experiences:

I can't say I've noticed that two spikes appear before the rest of the chain follow before. I've only ever noticed a wreath of five appearing around him, then them all shooting off vaguely in the direction they spawned from. Entirely possible I've overlooked that all this time, I guess?

For his super attack you could have pale blue cracks appear in the ground everywhere his spikes are about to shoot, a split second before the spikes erupt from the ground simultaneously. I don't necessarily think that would be better or worse than what you have now, but it's an idea. It sounds a bit like what you guys have in mind as #2 though, now that I think about it, except for the issue of timing. :p

Honestly, I say keep it as is for now, watch some LP videos and see how other people handle it when they reach it. (I would do some myself, but I don't know if my computer could run any free recording software and play the game without any slowdown. My comp isn't the greatest.) His super attack is meant to be akin to Gundam's, right? Unless you're really, really good, you're going to take some damage from Gundam's barrage, so I reckon it ought to be hard to avoid taking damage from Winter's ultimate attack, too.

Now, for S-Ranking Enraged Winter at the arena... I might get a bit grumpy if I get hit there and lose my score. :p If I can't do it immediately I'll probably be able to revisit that fight near the end of the game and do it a bit more easily, though, once you guys start building towards the endgame. Not everything needs to be done immediately or easily. :D

Own

For a more visual walkthrough of the Spin2Win build, here you go.

I clearly have some work to do in the last few levels, avoiding damage. :)