Bigger floors (more rooms) in arcade mode?

Hey guys, I've been playing a lot over the last few days and I've come to the conclusion that Arcade mode would perhaps be better with more stuff on each floor.

I've had as little as five rooms on the first two floors, and if one of those is a challenge and another is an item shop, that's not a lot of killing!

I assume you guys had a vision in mind when you set up the floors as you have done now, but my suggestion is making each floor much larger. Say 15-20 rooms per floor, more monsters, more stuff, more xp. And you get a chance to get used to fighting a new type of creature before you move on again. Also perhaps more than one chest per floor, with a room full of mobs guarding them?

Still loving the game guys :)

Reactions: Pok

Fred

Developer
Staff member
This is something we'll adjust the further we come with the game, but since the final version of Arcade Mode will have around 24 Floors (as of now), having the starting floors have 15-20 rooms is not very likely. We don't want a successful arcade run to take several hours to complete, so we'll probably stick with gradually increasing the number of rooms for each floor.

As for more chests, it's a possibility! We have a lot of new rooms and NPC's planned that you'll be able to interact with and gain items/buffs/other type of help from, so we'll have to wait and see until we have everything in place. As long as the game is fun and enjoyable, I'm up for anything!

Ah okay, so you get more rooms the higher the floor level. Makes sense! And I'm going to try and keep calm as I mention 24 FLOORS!?!?!? That is insane. Can't wait for that :) Presumably you'll keep adding them as you add areas in Story Mode?

Another way you could do it is to let the players choose, ie there's an NPC in the village or in the first room that lets you change the "rules" of this particular run, ie. more or less rooms/monsters/drops and your rewards will scale accordingly, i.e. you could say 25% less rooms and 25% less monsters, but you'll only earn 50% of the points and your Essence drop chance is reduced by 25% or something. Conversely you could have, say 125% monster spawns, and you can set yourself to earn 25% less XP, but you get more points and essences or gear drop chances go up by 25%?

Or you could simplify it by just having a difficulty select :-

Difficulty : Easy
XP : 150%
Monster Spawn : 90%
Character Damage : 150%
Monster Damage : 80%
Drop Rates : 50%
Score Earned : 50%

Difficulty : Normal
XP : 100%
Monster Spawn : 100%
Character Damage : 100%
Monster Damage : 100%
Drop Rates : 100%
Score Earned : 100%

Difficulty : Hard
XP : 85%
Monster Spawn : 150%
Character Damage : 90%
Monster Damage : 150%
Drop Rates : 125%
Score Earned : 125%

Difficulty : Insane
XP : 75%
Monster Spawn : 300%
Character Damage : 50%
Monster Damage : 200%
Drop Rates : 200%
Score Earned : 200%

...and so on. Yeah I know, TLDR!

Last edited:
That is quite misleading isn't it, I'll take out all the minuses :)

Also thinking about it, you'd probably want to increase the monster HP rather than reducing character damage, because no one likes a character that sucks!

Ah okay, so you get more rooms the higher the floor level. Makes sense! And I'm going to try and keep calm as I mention 24 FLOORS!?!?!? That is insane. Can't wait for that :) Presumably you'll keep adding them as you add areas in Story Mode?

Another way you could do it is to let the players choose, ie there's an NPC in the village or in the first room that lets you change the "rules" of this particular run, ie. more or less rooms/monsters/drops and your rewards will scale accordingly, i.e. you could say 25% less rooms and 25% less monsters, but you'll only earn 50% of the points and your Essence drop chance is reduced by 25% or something. Conversely you could have, say 125% monster spawns, and you can set yourself to earn 25% less XP, but you get more points and essences or gear drop chances go up by 25%?

Or you could simplify it by just having a difficulty select :-

Difficulty : Easy
XP : 150%
Monster Spawn : 90%
Character Damage : 150%
Monster Damage : 80%
Drop Rates : 50%
Score Earned : 50%

Difficulty : Normal
XP : 100%
Monster Spawn : 100%
Character Damage : 100%
Monster Damage : 100%
Drop Rates : 100%
Score Earned : 100%

Difficulty : Hard
XP : 85%
Monster Spawn : 150%
Character Damage : 90%
Monster Damage : 150%
Drop Rates : 125%
Score Earned : 125%

Difficulty : Insane
XP : 75%
Monster Spawn : 300%
Character Damage : 50%
Monster Damage : 200%
Drop Rates : 200%
Score Earned : 200%

...and so on. Yeah I know, TLDR!
I have another idea to add onto this.... Maybe you have to unlock these options by doing a certain quest. Like the quest(s) in town you could have them also unlock these or have more challenges added onto the board, when completed they unlock a certain option/difficulty.

I feel like they should have to do this for various reasons.
  1. It's more fun to have something to work for.
  2. It would add more quests and depth to arcade mode.
  3. It is kind of like a way to prove to yourself that you are ready for the change(s).