Boss Rush Mode?

Pharphis

Rabby
This would be fun. It might be hard to balance, though. I'm thinking something like Arcade mode where you skip all of the rooms, get 1-2 skill/passive points between bosses, and maybe some gold and shop selection (or random drops from bosses).

Thoughts?

You'd probably want it to be more difficult than arcade would be if you removed the rooms, so I'm thinking you could do some bosses paired together, or only allow level ups after every other boss or something. I think 2 bosses at a time in something like the arena used in story mode would be more original and challenging, though :)

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
Castlevania had boss rushes where you played with your normal mode character and all balance they had was a level cap. Especially nice one was in Order of Ecclesia - you were fighting bosses in the same rooms as in normal mode, and moved between them with a "teleporting light" of sorts.

Sounds like chained Memory Room though. Maybe there could be multiple boss rush difficulties, with additional challenges and stuff.

The basic idea is to have boss rush unlocked after Story Mode is completed and you could re-fight all the bosses one after another in a special mode. You'd start with same equipment and inventory, but your usable items would be replaced with a special, limited set of potions. Completing whole run could at least award achievement. Or maybe some unique items for New Game +, that's what Castlevania do.

A Castlevania-style one definitely sounds best to me. (Although I grew up with those games so...Bare with the slight "I already like this way best" factor.)

Although I do think they should do things like multiple bosses at once, and especially with keeping gear things like double phaseman shouldn't be an issue, having a level cap and buffing bosses also works, but in my opinion it should also throw new things in. (Like double bosses, new attacks, etc.)