Both health orbs and potions at the start of a floor

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
There's been many a time when I've gone into one of the "Don't take damage!" rooms, taken 3 or so damage, and then gotten to the next floor and been offered a health orb, which is completely useless to me. At that point I just quit the run, knowing I'm not gonna take any damage on that floor, and a health potion would be much more useful to me - almost essential, in fact.

Why not have both of them on offer, yet only one can be taken? That way you don't have to manipulate the games decision when it decides for you. I might enter a floor with full health, knowing I'm gonna take a lot of damage and I want a health orb that I can pick up later instead of a potion. I'd rather that than deliberately healing 1 off my full health at a nurse on the last floor just so I can get a health orb on the next floor, as it gives me an option to pick up a potion if I don't actually take that much damage.

Ardeof

Rabby
Health Potions aren't really needed. Even against Winter, a player should only need one or two maximum.

The way it works now, it's fine. You don't *know* that you won't take any damage on a specific level, so the orb is there just in case. Arcade Mode is supposed to be difficult, not a cake walk.

Skill balancing has way higher priority than making Arcade Mode easier.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
Health Potions aren't really needed.
Depends on the person, the run and the skillset. Frosty takes most of your hits for you, and he can regenerate. I'm at the point where I almost always need all of my potions to make it to Winter, I rarely need to use more than two on Winter himself, and there's been points when I've used all 5 of my potions on a single floor.

You don't *know* that you won't take any damage on a specific level, so the orb is there just in case.
I do. If I take damage on floor 1-4 the chances are I'll quit the run, unless it's going very well in other places. A health orb on one of those floors it literally useless to me. 3 damage I would continue with, but only if a nurse pops up and I can heal it before I get to the next floor. Most of the time, that doesn't happen.

Also, CRTL+I for italics :D

Skill balancing has way higher priority than making Arcade Mode easier.
It doesn't matter what's taking priority. If I have an idea I'll post it. Whether it becomes a full time feature of Arcade, a Muffin treat or plain gets ignored, forgotten or thrown out the window, it's here. I don't expect everything I post to make it straight into the game. Something like skill balancing would definitely be on the minds of the Devs, but if there's no-one posting about it they're not gonna see it as much of an issue. If you fell that strongly maybe you could post some suggestions yourself.