[Bug] [Gameplay] Multiplayer Berserker Style

Em0_oticon

Green Slime
Attack Speed buff is sometimes not getting removed when the buff itself falls off after a boss kill or after a death. Playing with a friend over the course of the game I'll end up at 200+% attack speed, and it's permanent until you reconnect. It also affects the attack damage buff, but it doesn't actually give more damage. Attack Speed is actually affected and the host seems to somewhat recognize what your attack speed is supposed to be?

The client ends up having extremely fast swings that have extremely delayed damage which makes it really hard to gauge when your swing is actually happening. This does however truly give you a faster swing, and it does increase your damage output at the cost of making your swings take an absurdly long time(comparatively) to actually register.

This bug has been around for awhile, but I figured it may have been known about. This also *might* affect Empower and Haste. It's something I can record if needed.

Last edited:

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Nice find! I thought I solved this bug before but I apparently only solved half of it. The half I fixed was status changes not being sent while a level was being loaded, and I didn't consider then that cutscenes and level loading have two separate lists of allowed messages - and I never changed the cutscene list to include the relevant messages!

It will be fixed next patch!

The client ends up having extremely fast swings that have extremely delayed damage which makes it really hard to gauge when your swing is actually happening.

This is because the client has a pretty big say in what actions it takes, but the server has the final say in actual stats! So what happens is the client sends a message saying it wants to attack, which the server usually allows unless the character is dead or something.

This means that with the fast (bugged) attack speed, you're allowed the same number of attacks as on your own screen, but the speed of the animation on the server is based off the correct ASPD. This is why it seems like the attack registers way too late - the individual attacks take longer to come out on the server!