Cannot download new versions.

dustball

Green Slime
I purchased SoG around christmas and installed it. However, I have installed the downloadable version without Steam, as I have Linux and the game works perfectly fine in wine. Now apparently I'm stuck on 0.650a, as I can't find anything where I can download the game and ... well, it's not on Steam for Linux (and for now, I can't install steam in wine either. Don't ask, weird bugs).

How can I update my game when I can't use steam?

KoBeWi

Jumpkin
How can I update my game when I can't use steam?
jKzCP6D.jpg

On a serious note, how did you install the game originally? From what you said in first line, seems like you didn't use Steam to begin with.

dustball

Green Slime
Yeah I didn't use Steam, because... as I said, Linux and issues with Steam. I paid through humblebundle and I think I got sent a link, but I can't find the mail from humble, and it's not added to my humblebundle account.

As SoG says, you get a DRM free version. As steam in wine is crappy, I took that.

Edit: I just looked through my paypal history because your piracy comment made me wonder if I purchased the game only once, as my girlfriend sent me a link to the humblebundle claim page, but... yeah, I bought "jumpkin" for me, and "slime" for her. And one of the paypal mails doesn't show up, as does my humblebundle mail.

Last edited:

dustball

Green Slime
I'm a loghead. I found the humblebundle mail, clicked on "claim" and now it shows up.

Edit: Hm. The game and soundtrack show up, but the "download"-button is greyed out because... well, the game is in development and not greenlit for download apparently. That still leaves the question: How can I update?

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
You just download and install the new/current version from humble. As they both use the same directory for your saves, you should be able to just play just as befor.

dustball

Green Slime
The heck... Just as I was writing this post, I tried to take a screenshot of "this doesn't work" and... apparently the claiming took some time, and inbetween, the soundtrack and the actual game merged, and downloading the development versions became available.

Well, lesson learned. Look for all reasonable mail senders first, and wait for a while for it to update.

MrChocodemon

Handsome Moderator
The heck... Just as I was writing this post, I tried to take a screenshot of "this doesn't work" and... apparently the claiming took some time, and inbetween, the soundtrack and the actual game merged, and downloading the development versions became available.

Well, lesson learned. Look for all reasonable mail senders first, and wait for a while for it to update.
The most important thing is that it worked. I'm glad it did :)
If you have any questions you can always ask, no matter how small. If you want your answers faster, you can also join the Discord.

https://discord.gg/JhvuzPw

Ardeof

Rabby

Good to see a fellow Linux user. Unfortunately i'm waiting until I get an SSD to dedicate to Fedora/etc. before playing around with Linux again. It's impressive what Linux can do though when it has proper support.