Catching pets?

GarlicJelly

Friendly Moderator (Formerly known as GoodStuff)
I mainly meant that capturing the Elite versions were the ways that you had the hidden color variants. Or that it was required to get the hidden variants.
I think that the hidden colors are just not added to the game yet but they will be added eventually.

Snoochy42

Green Slime
If you thought the present was hard, wait till you get the flower from arcade. Then you can tame a bee, and they're currently the hardest to tame in the game. :p
I think they need to speed up the scroll speed and space them out alittle more. I was getting some of them dead center just about and it would give me and ok on it and simultaneous fail the one behind it. Or if I missed one barely, with 1 keystroke, it would fail 2 at once.

MTaur

Green Slime
I've given up on the bee. I'm just bad at Arcade.

I've also noticed that Arcade mode doesn't give you extra time to kill Elite enemies for the S rank, which makes Elite spawns potentially ruinous for bee runs. But that's the least of my problems. X-P

But different pets don't seem to make any difference from each other either way. There is a Box pet, but I forget how you get the red ribbon item. Either it's a rare drop or a quest reward. I forget. I think there's a Steam guide out there, though. If you really have a particular character theme in mind, then you might want a particular pet, though. Usually you should just hide your pet because the clutter makes you think you have more enemies.

The G-Meister

Giga Slime
I've also noticed that Arcade mode doesn't give you extra time to kill Elite enemies

I think it does, it's just not usually proportional to the extra time taken to kill it. Elites tend to be anywhere from 3-4 times stronger than a normal enemy, but I think the extra time is twice the normal :p

I've given up on the bee. I'm just bad at Arcade.

Luckily you don't need the bee for 100% completion in story mode, if that's what you were after. I doubt it's that your bad at Arcade mode, you just need to pick the right build and go about it in the right way. If you're the tanky type I wrote an article on my Battletank build (linked in the Useful SoG Links spoiler below) or if you want a bit of a change of strategy but massive damage, look at this build. That might give you an easier time :p

MTaur

Green Slime
I think it does, it's just not usually proportional to the extra time taken to kill it. Elites tend to be anywhere from 3-4 times stronger than a normal enemy, but I think the extra time is twice the normal :p

Luckily you don't need the bee for 100% completion in story mode, if that's what you were after. I doubt it's that your bad at Arcade mode, you just need to pick the right build and go about it in the right way. If you're the tanky type I wrote an article on my Battletank build (linked in the Useful SoG Links spoiler below) or if you want a bit of a change of strategy but massive damage, look at this build. That might give you an easier time :p

For context: I often need several or even a dozen attempts to kill bosses on Normal. I haven't even tried Hard yet.

Arcade mode is very hard, especially when you need near-flawless victories in a short amount of time to get the achievement. Thanks for the link. I'll need it. Maybe after the next big update, I'll come back to playing this game. :)

MTaur

Green Slime
Wow, I actually did it. I really needed the Apprentice Wand start perk. Then I was able to melt beehives with Level 1 Flamethrower. On the second floor, I just barely squeaked by with a borderline A/S.

I had previously spent points on the Health perk, which was useless for this particular challenge.