[Crash] Changing zoom when on fullscreen crashes the game

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yeah this is an annoying one. Some graphic cards seem to just destroy the entire graphics device (as opposed to leaving the non-GPU stuff intact), resulting in everything in the game being unloaded whenever the game is resized, enters fullscreen or whatnot.

This is not the expected behavior in XNA 4, and so I never worked in any code to handle the state. It's a shame it didn't happen before, when our testing pool was smaller. I think it's something like 1 in ~100-200 PCs that has the issue but that's still a lot...

What graphics card do you have, and have you tried updating the drivers to the latest version?

You should be able to change the options by editing config.txt in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea in worst case.

I have this issue on my radar and hope to fix it some day, it's just that it will be a real pain since the texture handling wasn't designed with this in mind.

Also, updating my drivers seems to have fixed the problem, the game looks beautiful on 3x zoom fullscreen :) Thanks for the quick reply!

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Also, updating my drivers seems to have fixed the problem, the game looks beautiful on 3x zoom fullscreen :) Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks for the report and confirming the fix! Hopefully this will work for some of the others experiencing the problem :D