[Crash] Doesn't launch after preparing to launch on steam

chaley

Green Slime
I just recently updated all my drivers and windows update, I even upgraded my windows 8.1 to 10 cause the updates kept failing, now it's all fully updated even the .net framework and visual c++, the game just goes preparing to launch and doesn't show up, I also tried running it in a 640x480 screen resolution when I do this the game launches but just a black screen with a 640x480 space that shows my desktop, I've probably done everything I could see in steam and here, are there anymore recommendations?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Can you see any errors for the game in the Event Viewer? You can open it up by bringing up the Windows start menu and typing eventvwr. Then go into Windows Logs->Application and look for errors related to Secrets of Grindea!

chaley

Green Slime
Faulting application name: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56127ebf

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b4c

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x000b24c2

Faulting process id: 0x9fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d104ea64057d65

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 16bd2518-6394-46be-80db-d99563bc48a5

Faulting package full name:

Application: Secrets Of Grindea.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException

Stack:

at SoG.Program.Main(System.String[])

chaley

Green Slime
thank you fixed it can finally play multiplayer!! question is why can't I press or select one of the characters I can make new ones but cant select the one I had on steam cloud

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Glad to hear it worked!

Maybe you were playing on the Frontline version before and it's now set back to stable? The saves are forward compatible, but they aren't backward compatible!