[CRASH] Evening the Odds (-Frontline-)

Plyxiter

Green Slime
When finishing the the "Evening the Odds" quest in arcade mode, there is a CTD. I have been playing with one other person hosting a server. My game has been crashing more often then my buddies, but both have crashed on different occasions. I am unable to complete the quest because of this. We have tried completing it with the whole floor complete and without but both times it crashes.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the report!

On what screen does it crash? After beating the 2nd floor boss, in the transition screen or upon getting to the 3rd floor?

Poring

Rabby
I have the same prob too, I played it twice and it's the crash same way, just about to report it, it happen as I finished the 1st 2 floors with the quest active, and both times it crash when loading from the 2nd floor to the 3rd floor. I think it have prob with the reward system I guess. I'm was playing single btw

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Have you tried doing it again after the latest hotfix (restart steam and it should be applied)?

Oh, and if you get the "The game deaded"-screen, please send one of those error reports and mention this thread in the message so I can investigate!

Poring

Rabby
not yet, I'll try it now
Edit: due to bad connection I can't right now (my download speed is below 10kb/s ... darn) ... >.< ... I'll try it later and give feedback asap

Last edited:

Plyxiter

Green Slime
I agree with Poring, it seems to be with the whole reward system. I tried doing a different quest (I forget the name but you have to complete the first three floors within 5 minutes) but it crashes for that quest as well. It crashes after the "summary screen", during the loading screen with the player sprites and the black background. I will download the latest hotfix and see if it works

Poring

Rabby
darn my connection ... well it took awhile to download ... and another while to finish the challenge. It's just the same to me ... same crash at the loading screen. And what I got was "Secrets of Grindea has stopped working" or something like that, without the "The game deaded" ... hope my info can help with this prob. Do you get any difference Plyxiter ?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Dang, hmm... can you open up the Event Viewer (it's called that in English, might depend on your language settings), click on the arrow next to Windows Logs and then check the Application logs?

There's usually one Error and one Information entry that's related with application crashes. If you can find them, could you paste what they say here? This information is basically what gets sent to me through the error report program, but in some rare cases the game crashes "too hard" for the error tool to start :p

Poring

Rabby
Faulting application name: Secrets Of Grindea.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5362295c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18229, time stamp: 0x51fb1116
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
Faulting process id: 0x27d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf6617d019fe40
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SecretsOfGrindea\Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 21503b30-d20c-11e3-9534-ec9a744274f2

Application: Secrets Of Grindea.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
Stack:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at Quests.QuestLog.UpdateCheck_PlaceVisited(ZoneEnum)
at SoG.Game1._LevelLoading_DoStuff(ZoneEnum, Boolean)
at SoG.Game1._Level_Load(SoG.LevelBlueprint, Boolean)
at SoG.Game1.__Level_BeginLoadThread()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

you mean this ?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Yes, but preferably the entry next to it, if there is one!

It should look something like this (random example):

System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'Texture2D'. at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush() at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End() at SoG.StaticTextAsTexture.PreRender(SpriteBatch spriteBatch, GraphicsDevice graphics) in C:\Dropbox\Eget jox\!DugTrio\Legend Of Grindia\Legend Of Grindia\Legend Of Grindia\Effects\TextAsTexture.cs:line 291 at SoG.Game1._RenderMaster_Prerender() in C:\Dropbox\Eget jox\!DugTrio\Legend Of Grindia\Legend Of Grindia\Legend Of Grindia\Rendering\RenderMaster.cs:line 1487 at SoG.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Dropbox\Eget jox\!DugTrio\Legend Of Grindia\Legend Of Grindia\Legend Of Grindia\Game1.cs:line 837

Poring

Rabby
Fault bucket 44005950, type 22
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: secrets of grindea.exe
P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 5362295c
P4: mscorlib
P5: 4.0.30319.18052
P6: 5173c144
P7: 24d
P8: 18
P9: System.ArgumentOutOfRange
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\LMN\AppData\Local\Temp\WERC9AC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\LMN\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_secrets of grind_fba7794e63864e9e13d3262d7da2e532dcad20_22703559

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 21503b30-d20c-11e3-9534-ec9a744274f2
Report Status: 0

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
It was the second one in your edited post! Thanks a bunch, I'll check it out :)