[Crash] Strange Character Slot Behaviour after Crash

Pyrosorc

Green Slime
Just had a crash which I'm sure has been reported - I tabbed out of the game for a bit too long and it was deaded when I came back. However, I'm experiencing some weird behaviour since then which seems worth reporting:

• The character which I was on at the time of the crash had been deleted (fortunately it was only about 2 hours old)
  • After creating a new character in that slot, the new character has the stats of a new character, but the appearance, map progression and spawn point of the old character.

Pyrosorc

Green Slime
This was on the stable version - I hadn't noticed the Frontline version was different! I'll switch to that now.

Vilya

Developer
Staff member
Thanks for the reply! I was just asking because we have implemented a new way of handling save files that we're currently testing out on the Frontline version - so if anyone has issues there it'd mean we failed in our attempts. So far it seems these kinds of reports are on Stable only, so here's to hoping we've got it solved in the new version so nobody else loses progress (I'm so sorry it happened to you :( )!

Pyrosorc

Green Slime
No worries, we all understand what early access is about! Loving the game so far and its great to see Dev responses to feedback too.

I've switched to Frontline now, will report if anything similar happens in this build.