[Crash] when Hosting

EmpyrealAdept

Green Slime
Every time I try to host a multiplayer game, the game crashes as soon as I select a character. I have tried to host on 56g, h, and i. This also affects my friends, and we've tried with Run as Admin and without. Does anyone have any ideas?

Dgikmo

Rabby
I have a friend who has this issue as well, on both 56h and 56i. I personally have never had this happen though.

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Does it create a "the game has deaded" error report, or the generic windows error message?

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Ask him to send the report with something weird in the message! Like "Boars don't ask twice"

Teddy

Developer
Staff member
Judging from the report, it seems there's a conflicting port on his machine. It could be a super obscure bug where the program starts up the connection multiple times as well, but let's see if this works.

These instructions will seem very weird, but uh... just follow them :D

If your friend updates the game now, goes into Options and then exits options, then exits the game, there should be a config.txt file in %APPDATA%/Secrets of Grindea.

Tell him to open config.txt and edit the value under Default Port to something else (say 15521 for example), then start the game and attempt to host a game.

If the game no longer crashes for him, you can connect to him by entering [IP]:[port]. Example: 81.239.4.52:15521

Note that he'll have to open up this new port for the connection to work, and just ignore everything about port 6000 (the default port)!